• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Electrotek Article: CATL launches new EV battery with close to a 1 million mile, 15-year lifespan

OP
OP
Jim Lewis

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Toyota says, "But we're going to deploy cold fusion solid state batteries Pretty Soon™." ;)
That's why the major U.S. automakers including Tesla and Ford are using CATL batteries and CATL and BYD have over 50% of the world market for EV batteries; just vaporware...?

BYD and CATL batteries are already used in Tesla, Ford, BMW, Toyota, Mercedes-Benz, Kia, Toyota, and several other leading automakers electric cars.

Liked by 29 people
There's a lot to unpack here, but the 1.5 giga-metre battery (yes, Elon, you missed the "gigabattery" at 1 million km as a brand) is not the thing that struck me.

What struck me was a 50% reduction in cell prices for LFP.

Who cares about 1m or 1.5m km when we can expect 500,000 km out of a battery TODAY.

This is already way better than your diesel or should I say DIEsel engine needing $1500 parts replacing at 50,000km.

What matters is that people can produce enough batteries at a price that puts EVs at a price that is attractive for >50% of car buyers.
Quotes taken from Electrotek article. Emphasis added by me to single sentence in top post at that site.

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
Youtube = 5 new battery technologies a week!