• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

First real road trip.

George D

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Retired
The wife and I did the first real road trip in our XLT ER this week. Northwest Tennessee to Asheville, NC.
983 miles round trip. 2.4 miles per kw. This includes our trip up to Mt Pisgah. 1.5 m/kw going up, 15.5 m/kw going down.
No problem charging. The only glitch was at the Mercedes/Charge Point charger at the Bucees in Crossville, TN. We were already at 72% when it gave a charging error. So we just unplugged and headed on our way.
Topped up a little in Knoxville at an EA charger at the Harley dealer in Kodak. I probably had enough to get to Asheville without it but didn't know how the mountains were going to affect range. Walked around the Bass Pro shop for a few and took off. Plug and charge worked and this stop was free because I still have some of the original 250k Ford gave me when I bought the truck.
Got to Asheville and there was a Tesla charging station 1/2 mile from the hotel. The NACS adapter and plug and charge worked great. Plugged in and in a few seconds it was charging at 165 kw.
I used the Tesla chargers three times in this trip. All three worked great. I stopped at the same Bucees in Crossville on the way home but used the Tesla charger this time instead of the Charge Point.
All in all a great trip.

Ford F-150 Lightning First real road trip. IMG_20240711_165051023_HDR

Ford F-150 Lightning First real road trip. IMG_20240710_174756772_HDR

Ford F-150 Lightning First real road trip. IMG_20240710_110448785_HDR
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
The wife and I did the first real road trip in our XLT ER this week. Northwest Tennessee to Asheville, NC.
983 miles round trip. 2.4 miles per kw. This includes our trip up to Mt Pisgah. 1.5 m/kw going up, 15.5 m/kw going down.
No problem charging. The only glitch was at the Mercedes/Charge Point charger at the Bucees in Crossville, TN. We were already at 72% when it gave a charging error. So we just unplugged and headed on our way.
Topped up a little in Knoxville at an EA charger at the Harley dealer in Kodak. I probably had enough to get to Asheville without it but didn't know how the mountains were going to affect range. Walked around the Bass Pro shop for a few and took off. Plug and charge worked and this stop was free because I still have some of the original 250k Ford gave me when I bought the truck.
Got to Asheville and there was a Tesla charging station 1/2 mile from the hotel. The NACS adapter and plug and charge worked great. Plugged in and in a few seconds it was charging at 165 kw.
I used the Tesla chargers three times in this trip. All three worked great. I stopped at the same Bucees in Crossville on the way home but used the Tesla charger this time instead of the Charge Point.
All in all a great trip.

IMG_20240711_165051023_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240710_174756772_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240710_110448785_HDR.jpg
Looks like an amazing adventure, we're so glad you enjoyed!
Sponsored