• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

First road trip: Dallas to Hattiesburg, MS

petewatts

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I'm about to journey onto the EV desert (I-20) in my F-150 Lightning from Dallas to Hattiesburg, MS. Has anyone taken this route lately? If so, did you encounter any issues locating EV changing stations? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I'd recommend you use ABRP (A Better Route Planner) and PlugShare. Sounds like you haven't researched the route at all yet?

Looks like if you leave with 100% SOC, you'll need to stop in Longview and charge at the Red E at Shell, then again in Monroe, at EA, to arrive in Hattiesburg with 10% SOC or so. They have numerous slow chargers in Hattiesburg, but only one fast charger at a car dealer, and it's not cheap.

Also, no reason to type in bold.

Last edited:

BhamDCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro ER
Small world. Last week I found and bought an extended range Pro and will be picking it up in Tyler, TX area tomorrow. Will be driving it back home to Birmingham. I'll be going the same route you are until you get to the Jackson, MS area.

Found via Plugshare, these are the stops I plan on making along the way. Might stop more if I get nervous. Aside from two Lightning test drives I have done recently this trip will be the first time I've ever driven an EV. Should be fun...hopefully.

Ford F-150 Lightning First road trip: Dallas to Hattiesburg, MS 1694201222595

OP
OP
petewatts

petewatts

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Good luck! My stops are the same, hopefully all are in good working order. I’ve been watching the EA location that is supposed to open soon at Jackson Metro Junction just off I-20. No updates since 08/29.

Ford F-150 Lightning First road trip: Dallas to Hattiesburg, MS IMG_2168

BhamDCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro ER
When will you be making the drive?

Sponsored

BhamDCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro ER
Ah, ok. Well I'll try to remember to report back here after my trip tomorrow to let you know which stops were better than others and such.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Good luck! My stops are the same, hopefully all are in good working order. I’ve been watching the EA location that is supposed to open soon at Jackson Metro Junction just off I-20. No updates since 08/29.

IMG_2168.jpeg
5 spots plus a sweet pull-through, EA needs to do this all over.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
is that a 'camper' in the pull-thru lane??? WOW... maybe someone at EA is taking notice of us trucks - let's just hope that those is just 'cars' don't block this important pull-thru feature when me and my CAMPER show up : )

OP
OP
petewatts

petewatts

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'd recommend you use ABRP (A Better Route Planner) and PlugShare. Sounds like you haven't researched the route at all yet?

Looks like if you leave with 100% SOC, you'll need to stop in Longview and charge at the Red E at Shell, then again in Monroe, at EA, to arrive in Hattiesburg with 10% SOC or so. They have numerous slow chargers in Hattiesburg, but only one fast charger at a car dealer, and it's not cheap.

Also, no reason to type in bold.
First post and I didn’t notice the bold print, ease up.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
First post and I didn’t notice the bold print, ease up.
That's why I pointed it out, figuring you hadn't noticed. Didn't do anything but point it out. Relax.