Sponsored

Ford pro charger solenoid is clicking on and off every 10 seconds. Anyone have this happen?

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
The next time you get the clacking, just to experiment, open up your charge window. If you have it set from midnight to 6 a.m., set it to 7 or 8 a.m. Or lower your desired charge level by 5 or 10%. I'm willing to bet it stops.
If it does then I have a hunch it's not really the change in the times or rates that stops it. It's like ford pass and the truck are not communicating then the change prompts the synchronization of the two... Just a thought
Sponsored

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat, 2021 Tesla Model Y
FWIW, this same thing happens using a Tesla Universal Wall Connector. Seemingly random. At least the solenoid is quieter than the FCSP.

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
FWIW, this same thing happens using a Tesla Universal Wall Connector. Seemingly random. At least the solenoid is quieter than the FCSP.
Good to know

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Update people... I was working on my garage yesterday and recorded the charger clicking on and off for over 8 minutes every 5 or so seconds! This took place about 10 minutes after my preferred charging time ended. I got fed up with it and started messing around with my ap. I deleted my home charging location and added it again. This seems to have stopped.. Ill report back after a few days.

Mark-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
New Mach-e sneak here, but I am using the Ford Pro charger (set at 48A). I started having this clicking problem today. Today was my lowest starting charge, so I thought that might be part of my problem. I left the delayed start time the same, but extended the end time by two hours. The clicking didn’t happen again when I plugged back in. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
New Mach-e sneak here, but I am using the Ford Pro charger (set at 48A). I started having this clicking problem today. Today was my lowest starting charge, so I thought that might be part of my problem. I left the delayed start time the same, but extended the end time by two hours. The clicking didn’t happen again when I plugged back in. Fingers crossed.
The problem lies with the app and truck charging time setting. . The app calls for charge outside of the schudled time then the truck (car) says no thank you.... over and over. Try deleting your location and charge schedule then set it back again.
Sponsored