• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Has anyone installed a Hellwig Sway Bar?

OP
OP
TreatYoSelf

TreatYoSelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Lariat - 2020 Tesla Model 3P
Occupation
Ad Man
Is it larger diameter?
The Hellwig is a solid chromoly bar, but I'm not positive of the specs of the stock sway bar nor the specific diameters. I've got an email out to Hellwig to provide some insight. I'll post what I hear back.

Storm Breaker

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
truck driver
very interested in this. i will be watching intently

Downs08

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning, 22 E Transit, 23 Lexus RX500H
Occupation
Cabinet sales and installation
I had one installed today. It is both larger in diameter and solid. Body roll was almost completely eliminated and the torque steer under hard acceleration is completely gone. I did have the Eibach lowering springs and sport shocks installed at the same time so part of the difference could be attributed to the lowering kit.

Sponsored

Storm Breaker

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
truck driver
I had one installed today. It is both larger in diameter and solid. Body roll was almost completely eliminated and the torque steer under hard acceleration is completely gone. I did have the Eibach lowering springs and sport shocks installed at the same time so part of the difference could be attributed to the lowering kit.
THIS...I need this set up. ima gran turismo kinda guy.

Storm Breaker

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
truck driver
How much with install did all this cost? And what kind of shop does these kind of installs. I can replace the sway bar. Did it on my 2017 Tundra. but i cant do the shocls and springs. no eqipment

Downs08

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning, 22 E Transit, 23 Lexus RX500H
Occupation
Cabinet sales and installation
How much with install did all this cost? And what kind of shop does these kind of installs. I can replace the sway bar. Did it on my 2017 Tundra. but i cant do the shocls and springs. no eqipment
The parts cost around $1850 and I paid $1200 for installation and an alignment. I had them install the sway bar since they were under it anyway. The most time consuming part of the install is the camber kit. It takes around 5-6 hours alone. I took it to the local off road store, they mostly do lift kits.

OP
OP
TreatYoSelf

TreatYoSelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Lariat - 2020 Tesla Model 3P
Occupation
Ad Man
I had one installed today. It is both larger in diameter and solid.
I love your upgrades! Do you know if the stock sway bar is hollow?