Sponsored

Have you noticed... (lesser known features of our trucks)

Max Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Thought I'd start a thread for features of our trucks that don't get a lot of attention, and may even go unnoticed, but are interesting nonetheless.

The one I noticed recently is that the speed limit sign/icon on the driver's display screen momentarily brightens when the speed limit changes. It seems to be about a 4 second duration before returning back to normal. I tried to take a video of it this morning, but that proved rather tricky while driving.

Anyone notice any other things like this?
Sponsored

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Something that not even the sales people knew about.

The tailgate pull out step has 2 pockets that hinges that allow a bar clamp to be inserted and then clamp your materials down to the the tailgate.

If you look close enough you can see the graphics that show the clamps.

Rick

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR; 2003 Mercury Marauder (For Sale)
Occupation
Data Wrangler
Something that not even the sales people knew about.

The tailgate pull out step has 2 pockets that hinges that allow a bar clamp to be inserted and then clamp your materials down to the the tailgate.

If you look close enough you can see the graphics that show the clamps.

Rick
My experience is that there wasn't anything about the truck that the salesman knew anything about. Could be worse, the person at the Chevy booth at the MN state fair this summer said that Chevy doesn't have an EV truck...

Note the I have used the clamp points several times :)

StickyWicket

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER
I like the embossed image of the golf clubs/golf bag on the top of the frunk letting you know it’s just big enough for a set or two

Mach Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, 2024 XLT
Occupation
Bum
Depending on your trim, when you fold the driver's side part of the rear seat back down, there can be quite a bit of room back there, much of it behind the fuzzy wall covering stuff. I guess higher trim models have audio gear and such there?

I'm considering cleaning the grease in the area and replacing or modifying the fuzzy stuff so as to mount some sort of cargo net there....maybe sew a big panel with lots of mesh pockets for emergency or other infrequently used stuff.

It would seem logical that short range models have some empty space where the long range trucks hold their extra battery cells, but perhaps that's inside the sealed battery box?
Sponsored