Sponsored

Intelligent Backup - Solaredge Energy Hub?

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Knowing that SunRun contracts with SolarEdge, it appears that the "inverter" and ATS solution might be the Solaredge Energy Hub. This inverter appears to be the interface between the utility, DC batteries and Solar Panels all in one package.

Has there been any confirmation that this is the product that will be utilized from SunRun to make this system work? I have an existing SolarEdge inverter and simply swapping the existing inverter with the Energy Hub might be a simple installation for me.
Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
I have not seen an confirmation of this, but it would be nice if SolarEdge could DC couple with the battery voltage such that there could be a single inverter for solar and truck battery.

Another potential fit could be the Generac 380Vdc system, though I have seen no indication of this being the Sunrun solution.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
It already supports EV charging.

https://www.solaredge.com/sites/default/files/energy_hub_and_backup_interface_faqs.pdf

So the smoke is there...

Unfortunately I have 2 solar systems. System 1 is SMA and has been rock solid for over 10 years. The 2nd is a SolarEdge and I've needed to replace the inverter (under warranty) every year I've had it so far (3 years). If it is solaredge, I'm not sure I'm too excited about that...
Sponsored