Sponsored

Invoking Texas' Lemon Law for a Lariat ER

cargsl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I posted a few weeks ago because my lighting got the dreaded powertrain malfunction warning light. I took it to the dealership on May 9th and they took the car in and gave me a Ford Edge as a loaner. The car is still in the dealership and they are claiming that they still need parts from Ford or some other issue and don't know when my car might be fixed.

Does it makes sense to invoke Texas' Lemon Law 30 day clause on the car? The 30 days come due this Saturday. I love my lightning and probably would try to get another one, but I'm annoyed at the delay with the repairs. Also, would an Edge be a comparable car for an F-150 Lightning? My take is that it wouldn't, but don't know.
Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
You should probably decide if you want to keep the truck. If you think you don't you should definitely talk to a lawyer.

1TouchAV

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat White Lightning
Occupation
Smart Home Engineer
I had the same issue happen with me. It took two months to get the parts repaired. I'm in Florida. I LOVE my 22 lariat truck so I worked with the recall department to get two months credit for the time the truck was not in my possession. Please note, I did not take the loaner and that may have helped me.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Do the Lemon Law, make Ford pay for their lack of service. Buy a new Lightning, probably at a cheaper price than what you paid for yours. The important part is to make it costly for Ford to keep taking so long for these to be in service. If they have to buy back a bunch of trucks, they will do a better job of getting them through service faster. Sucks if you've made a bunch of personal mods to your truck though.

OP
OP

cargsl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Haven't done any mods yet. But it came pretty nicely geared up from the factory
Sponsored