Level kit installed - better range?

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat - Antimatter Blue. 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
So, I driven about 1200 miles on the Eibach shock level, part # E60-35-061-01-10, and I got to say so far so good. I set them at 2" of lift, which leaves about 1/2" of rake. You can set them so they raise the front up to 2.5", but I kept under the maximum setting with hopes of softening up the ride. They immediately fixed the floaty feel. I also prefer the look of the more level stance.

Now to the anomaly:
Prior to installation of the level, the guess-o-meter had me at a constant 2.3 miles/kW for the last 8k, and really for the entire life of the vehicle, which is about 20k. Since the install, my trip meter has me at 2.5 miles/kW, and I've logged about 1200 miles. While admittedly a small sample size, I am shocked by this result.
When I installed the Eibachs, I reset trip 2 to see how much of a hit the level kit would cause, partially so I can report back to this forum. I plan to get new rims as well, with a little bit of poke for a slightly more aggressive look. I wanted to do this one item at a time, so I could find out which component had the biggest negative impact on range: the level, the tires, or the rims.

As an example trip, this weekend I went round trip from Lawrenceville GA to Kingston GA, which I have done about a half dozen times. I registered 322 range estimate at 95 percent charge on the guess-o-meter, which is up due to my recent efficiency, then drove 81 miles each way mostly interstate getting 2.7 miles/kW (averaging about 60mph as traffic was heavy), then 2.2 on the return trip (traffic was lighter, average speed of 73mph), which is still better than the 1.9/2.0 I normally got on this trip. Finished with 53% on the guess-a-meter. Usually finish with about 40%-45%.

The only things I can think to possibly attribute it to:
  • when the level was installed I had the alignment done as well, maybe my truck was way out of alignment (but it wasn't pulling or drifting as I drove it)
  • the temperature for this weekend's trip was cooler, in the 70's versus most trips which are in the upper 80's. Still, even with the AC running hard very little of the power used ever seems to go to the accessories.
  • I added 2 psi to the tires, as they were a bit low, but I did this after about 1k of driving with the Eibachs.

I can't believe that Ford would ship the truck with less than optimized range settings for rake, but maybe they put their emphasis on maximizing towing/hauling numbers? I didn't expect the level to make my range better, but 1200 miles in so far that is the case! I of course will continue to monitor it for a few more thousand miles (then I will get the tires replaced), and will report back. Let me know if anyone else has experienced this, or has any clues as to what else could have impacted the efficiency.

Please don't flame me, I would call BS too if I wasn't experiencing it personally.
Sponsored