First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Manager
By far the best vehicle I have owned rides and drives better than both prior F-150s 3.5 liter Turbo's, quiet, l love it. I will likely never own two ICE vehicles for personal use again. I have had zero problems, just started getting updates a couple of weeks ago.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
By far the best vehicle I have owned rides and drives better than both prior F-150s 3.5 liter Turbo's, quiet, l love it. I will likely never own two ICE vehicles for personal use again. I have had zero problems, just started getting updates a couple of weeks ago.
I agree with everything mentioned here with one exception.

Someone mentioned ‘not missing stopping at gas stations’. I do miss stopping, but in a very very good way.😄

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Volvo V90 R-Design wagon
That would make an almost perfect EV. Low cross sectional area and a large volume inside.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
Love reading posts like this, it's a welcome break, I know there are plenty more satisfied customers.
The rule of thumb of the internet and forums--the large majority of post are from complainers/negative people. Yes, some complaints are legit and should be voiced. But it is rare for people to post glowing, positive thoughts about something on internet forums/social media. Kind of weird, but it's the way it is.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The rule of thumb of the internet and forums--the large majority of post are from complainers/negative people. Yes, some complaints are legit and should be voiced. But it is rare for people to post glowing, positive thoughts about something on internet forums/social media. Kind of weird, but it's the way it is.
Was this a negative comment about internet on a positive thread?

Tazzy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Retired
Couldn’t agree more, my 23 lariat ER is one of the best (Nissan 280Z Turbo was pretty sweet) vehicles I’ve ever had. 12 months and 7K miles, no problems. Getting ready to make my 3rd trip between Tucson and Bend, OR. Looking forward to no Range/Charge anxiety.

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Loving the stories in this thread. In my 37 plus years of driving I have never owned another vehicle that I genuinely love to drive and go places in like my Lightning Lariat ER.

Smooth, quiet, packed with utility - both physical and electrical- and on top of that it accelerates like a supercar.

I literally look for opportunities to drive it - probably to my detriment since I have packed over 37,000 miles since 1/6/23, but I just love to drive it!

Driven it through 15 states to meetups with Ford Model-E team, Cars and Coffees, Visit to Ford HQ in Dearborn, MI, Electrify Expos, 2024 Chicago Auto Show, meetups with fellow Lightning Club members.

It’s been a great year and looking forward to many more with this machine.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Appreciation IMG_2838
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Appreciation IMG_0602
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Appreciation IMG_0594

Tedmister2

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue XLT Lightning
Occupation
Registered Nurse
I drive my truck between patients as a home health nurse…. The back seat area is perfect for all the gear we carry as “car stock”. I really enjoy how this thing scoots, handles and actually request farther away patients so I can drive it more….:). My selling point to myself and others is treating the whole person, mind, body, and now the planet /environment…. Best vehicle ever and I now rank my 385k mile Saab 9000 Aero a distant 2nd favourite ❤.
The F-150 lightning checks boxes I didn’t know existed!!

Sponsored

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
T’was hard for me to admit that our LT is better than the twin turbo Flex Limited. For an inconspicuous ICE, the Flex is a people moving cruising monster sleeper. But the LT is like the GT of pickups. 3.5 ton ion drive rocket ship. I roll about 2000 miles a month and at the end of a long day, climbing into the cab gives me piece of mind and a relaxing hour drive home. Plus the evil grin. All our former ICE trucks, SUVs, sports cars, etc seem quaint. And net savings over gas is right at $400 per month. Then there are the useful accessories like Pro Power, Frunk, Area lighting, Max Trailer, lay flat seats & etc & etc. and Independent rear suspension. It’s just crazy with features. Makes my old ‘99 7.3 F250 Lariat that rocked a stick 6 spd.. look like it was made in the last century.. which it was.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That would make an almost perfect EV. Low cross sectional area and a large volume inside.
Talking to myself in public again. I just came across this.. It looks like Ford came up with the perfect design for an EV years ago.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Appreciation 1710341270867-09

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Driving my 22 XLT SR is a luxury I never imagined back in 1981 when I bought my first pickup, a Toyota ½ ton rear wheel drive. I put over 300,000 miles on it the hard way — working every mile, hauling construction materials, tools, hvac equipment, appliances , etc. through all four seasons. It had a good heater and got 20 mpg. That’s it. All vinyl interior, cold as ice on winter mornings and hot in summer all day long. I rolled down the window if I wanted it cooler. With a crank.

I know Ford reads these posts and the number of questions and complaints revolving around luxury issues, while valid for an expensive vehicle, may lead them to forget many of us use these trucks as … trucks .. for work. And man do I appreciate the power, performance, comfort, reliability, and everything else a person could ever want every time I drive in it.

Ford, you knocked it out of the park on your first time at bat. Sure, you used the F-150 as a starting point (smart!) but the electric power systems JUST WORK!

I recently took a cross county drive and was far less apprehensive about range even with limited chargers our west here than I was 50 years ago driving my old Toyota all night in the days when gas stations weren’t open 24/7.

Therefore, while this forum is good for Ford to hear what works and what doesn’t I don’t want them to think we are all a bunch of weenies — keep this truck tough and reliable, and I will keep promoting them to my friends and coworkers as the best thing since sliced bread!

Oh, and we save over $800 a month plus all the ICE maintenance costs and that money is going into savings for my next one.
We're so glad to hear how much you're enjoying your Lightning. Thank you for being part of the Ford Family.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Loving the stories in this thread. In my 37 plus years of driving I have never owned another vehicle that I genuinely love to drive and go places in like my Lightning Lariat ER.

Smooth, quiet, packed with utility - both physical and electrical- and on top of that it accelerates like a supercar.

I literally look for opportunities to drive it - probably to my detriment since I have packed over 37,000 miles since 1/6/23, but I just love to drive it!

Driven it through 15 states to meetups with Ford Model-E team, Cars and Coffees, Visit to Ford HQ in Dearborn, MI, Electrify Expos, 2024 Chicago Auto Show, meetups with fellow Lightning Club members.

It’s been a great year and looking forward to many more with this machine.

IMG_2838.jpeg
IMG_0602.jpeg
IMG_0594.jpeg
We love to hear it, Kurt! Cheers to many more years with your Lightning.

Coffinhunter

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
I soooooo agree with this thread. I did not buy the lightning because I am a “go green” guy. I bought it after a test drive that I fell in love with. I am a tech guy and love the features. I love that a guy in a Camaro was “acting cool” racing fro stop light to stop light, and I could shut him up in a 7,000 pound vehicle.
Sponsored