• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mobile Overlanding Charging station build with Victron this time

MurphysLaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat Lightning ER,Cayman,Miata,Q7
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Starting the mobile conversion of our current off-grid charging system for our Lightning with the goal of WFC (work from campground) in the near future. Starlink standard kit and Roam subscription on the way.

Original build thread is here:

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...rging-solar-array-build-w-agrivoltaics.17055/

The original refurbished, EG4 6000ex-48HV inverter gave up the ghost, and I wasn't inclined to give a Chinese manufacturer another shot at this time, so going Victron this time. This will add another year to payoff for the system, but if it's also Mobile, I'm good with it. We have victron in our 8x14 studio shed that has been working perfectly for a year plus. We'll likely also go with a Victron EVSE, if we don't use the spare chargepoint we have left over since we have the FCSP.

I expect to build an overlanding trailer out of a 5x8ft trailer we already have, with likely, 3000-4000kw of panels. That design is still WIP right now. It's not impossible that this might change to a Casita, or a used pop-up.

Starting with a Ryobi convertible workbench/dolly, which conveniently, should fit most of the components, but also should be pretty unwieldy. We'll see. It'll hold 400lbs, and we're only at around 200 now.

Ford F-150 Lightning Mobile Overlanding Charging station build with Victron this time diagram

ON the bottom of the Dolly tray we have a 48v, 5kw Battery currently. We'll see if it works or if we need a second one. This takes the home system up to 15kW when it's tied into the system.

Ford F-150 Lightning Mobile Overlanding Charging station build with Victron this time IMG_0975.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: