• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Moving to North Jersey - will the lightning fit in any of the roads lol

dylbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, F-150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
So I’m a fairly new lightning owner. Love the truck. But now for work I’m looking at relocating out of state to North Jersey. I have two vehicles, a Model Y and the Lightning. I’m looking at Glen Ridge, Montclair, Ridgewood, Westfield, and Summit suburbs. Wondering if it’s going to be near impossible to drive this huge truck in the area? No way I’ll take it closer into the city, I plan on using transit to commute to work, but for day to day errands id love to use the lightning as a daily driver

how is everyone’s experience with an f150 in north Jersey?
Sponsored

ijustice

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat
Occupation
Baller
I live in Monmouth county, work in ocean county, drive up to north jersey often, have had my lightning since May 2023, no issues driving it around. Only issue I’ve ever had was a parking garage in Atlantic City where the truck was a bit too tall and too big for that parking deck. I have not taken into Manhattan yet.

Jersey Devil

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 XL
Occupation
Truck Driver
So I’m a fairly new lightning owner. Love the truck. But now for work I’m looking at relocating out of state to North Jersey. I have two vehicles, a Model Y and the Lightning. I’m looking at Glen Ridge, Montclair, Ridgewood, Westfield, and Summit suburbs. Wondering if it’s going to be near impossible to drive this huge truck in the area? No way I’ll take it closer into the city, I plan on using transit to commute to work, but for day to day errands id love to use the lightning as a daily driver

how is everyone’s experience with an f150 in north Jersey?
Westfield or Ridgewood are great to commute from, summit Montclair & Glen Ridge are traffic nightmares
Westfield & Ridgewood have nice downtown areas, close to trains
Streets big enough to park your Lightning, good farmers markets & Trader Joe’s
We lived in Scotch Plains nearby in an apartment but moved to Hamilton NJ for more affordability & space. I would definitely recommend south Jersey but not sure what your situation is. We take train from Hamilton to North Jersey/ NYC all the time, very easy less snow.

Kit2874

First Name
Kit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
If my 18 wheeler truck can drive in new jersey I think you'll be fine

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician