• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NJ Bed Liner installers

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
For those in NJ who had a 3rd party bed liner sprayed in. Who did you use and what was your experience?
Thanks
Sponsored

Raicilla

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat SCREW AMB 157" PowerBoost 7.2kW
...look into Bullet Liner: W-a-y mo' better!
Ford F-150 Lightning NJ Bed Liner installers bulletliner_logo-

My local installer did not spray the bolts and even sprayed the tailgate "around" the factory worksurface.
I'm very impressed.

Stage3Motorsports

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX CrewCab 4x4
For those in NJ who had a 3rd party bed liner sprayed in. Who did you use and what was your experience?
Thanks
Where in NJ are you located?

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
...look into Bullet Liner: W-a-y mo' better!
bulletliner_logo-png.png

My local installer did not spray the bolts and even sprayed the tailgate "around" the factory worksurface.
I'm very impressed.
Curious as to why this particular brand and not linex or rhino? What do they have that’s different or better?

Sponsored

flynavy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Curious as to why this particular brand and not linex or rhino? What do they have that’s different or better?
One of the linex founders waited out his non compete and then started bullet. I just had bullet sprayed and I’m happy. Can’t go wrong with either brand in my opinion.

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
One of the linex founders waited out his non compete and then started bullet. I just had bullet sprayed and I’m happy. Can’t go wrong with either brand in my opinion.
Interesting. Is bullet pricing also in the 600-700$ range or better?

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
I paid 435 a few weeks ago, I believe their “premium” is 100 more for UV protection.
Wow, thats very competitive. Which state though? Thinking NJ would probably be more expensive in general.

Sponsored

flynavy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Wow, thats very competitive. Which state though? Thinking NJ would probably be more expensive in general.
Oklahoma, yeah I didn’t think of that. Definitely happy with the product though.

Raicilla

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat SCREW AMB 157" PowerBoost 7.2kW

hmmm... Hype, or not? You be the judge:

Ford F-150 Lightning NJ Bed Liner installers 1632687624799

Bullet vs Others
Think how much technology has changed in the past 20 years!
Bullet Liner is a product invented and produced by Claudio Burtin. He is the principal founder of Line-X. After he sold Line-X corporation, and properly waited out a non-compete clause, he was then able to develop and launch Bullet Liner. There are some major differences between the two, mostly being the UV stability and gloss retention properties of Bullet Liner over Line-X. Think of it this way. He made Line-X over 2 decades ago, and now Bullet is a newer, more advanced product. Think how much technology has changed in the past 20 years! Bullet Liner is an all around better product for the applicator and the customer.

... have abandoned their franchises and switched over to Bullet bed liners.
ChevroletForum.com
From recent inquiries it appears as though many installers of Line-X bed liners have abandoned their franchises and switched over to Bullet bed liners. It seems the same engineering genius (chemical engineer), who invented the used in Line-X, sold the company, and started up a new company using, "new an improved" products. Apparently there are a few improvements in the application and also the Line-X was prone to some sun fading and supposedly the Bullet process is more fade resistant.

... you don't need those revitalizing sprays they sell for Linex and Rhino to keep them new looking.
That is true that the designer of Linex started Bullet and from what I am told he is in Georgia. My 4Wheel Parts store knows him personally and from what they told me, he has taken Linex's flaws and improved upon them. One of the problems I have had with Linex on two different trucks is that after awhile it blackwashes. You can wipe the chalky residue off with your hand. My buddy got the Bullet and it is a much better product. It stays shiny (I think it has UV protectors in it) and it doesn't chalk up. With Bullet, you don't need those revitalizing sprays they sell for Linex and Rhino to keep them new looking.

I was impressed, especially with the much lower price over LineX Premium.
GM-trucks.com
Oceanside did the LineX on my previous truck and they do awesome work. The shop has been around for a long time and the owner says they will stand by the product. He explained to me why they switched. Without bashing LineX he told me that Bullet is a superior product. The guy who invented LineX sold the company and name about five years ago. His chemical company developed a new coating and he decided to start a new venture instead of selling the compound. So far, the dealers that have signed on with Bullet Liner are former LineX dealers who have jumped ship, like Oceaside. I went to the shop and spoke with them in person and they showed me some examples. I was impressed, especially with the much lower price over LineX Premium. I will be getting Bullet Liner sprayed on my truck next week!

I got high recommendations by my friend ...
I got it done with the Bullet Liner product. I did research and found that the guy who started Line-X sold it and he started Bullet Liner. Also, I got high recommendations by my friend who runs an Auto shop next door to the Bullet Liner guys.

Surf here: http://bulletlinerofamarillo.com/bulletvsothers.shtml

Stage3Motorsports

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX CrewCab 4x4
Bergen County - North
Sorry not farmiliar with anyone in N jersey, but see my comments below.

I'm in South Jersey, wondering the same!
Franklin Trailers in West Berlin would be my suggestion if you are in that area. They are a rhino liner dealer and I used to work there so I trust them.

As for anyone looking, my suggestion is to find a place with a good reputation, more than the product itself the prep and application process will be the determinding factory on quality of the job and how the product lasts.

OP
OP
Coolrain

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Bullet:

Ford F-150 Lightning NJ Bed Liner installers 1633109026034