snowspeeder

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting XLT
Hello all,
I got my 22 lighting XLT a few weeks ago. The day I brought it home from the dealership, I did something stupid and registered my only key as a MyKey (to be transparent, I thought this was the option to use the FordPass app on my phone as a key and it was going to help me register that, live and learn).

I scoured the forums and found some forscan info on how to disable many of the MyKey settings, which I did. But even though I don’t get the warning anymore, and I’m not limited to the volume restriction, I’m still speed capped to 80mph.

I tried the foil trick without success.

Other than getting a new key, is there anything else I can try?

Small rant ahead. Ford, when you clearly know in the ECM that there is only one key registered to the vehicle, why would you allow that key to become a MyKey, effectively removing any admin access you could have?
I feel like I know the answer, but refuse to accept it.
Sponsored

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
Search "clearing all mykeys" in the manual. Will this work for you?

CLEARING ALL MYKEYS When you clear all MyKeys, you remove all restrictions and return all MyKeys to their original admin key status. 1. Switch the vehicle on using an admin key. 2. Press Settings on the touchscreen. 3. Press Vehicle Settings. 4. Press MyKey. 5. Press Clear All MyKeys. 6. Press Yes.

Athrun88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Lariat ER Avalanche
Only option might be going to a dealership. The procedure by Grumpy2 still requires an admin key which OP doesn't have. Maybe the service manager there will have a heart and help you out at no cost.
Sponsored