Part Identification and Steps for Removing Front Bumper

tdowens

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat edition
The bad news is that I hit a deer though I guess the good news is that it was a youthful 2-point buck. I've decided to do the repair myself ($1,000 deductible insurance). There are four baffles that open & close leading to the radiator. The baffles were dislodged but intact but the plastic housing needs to be replaced. I've squandered too, too much time trying to find the radiator baffles and housing on a parts diagram. Can someone help me identify what Ford calls the baffles and help me identify the housing for the baffles. Oh, in order to do the repair I'll need to completely remove the front bumper and I found no guide for removing the entire front bumper on my 2022 Lightning Lariat. Thanks muchly! I'm attaching two phots of my front bumper!

Ford F-150 Lightning Part Identification and Steps for Removing Front Bumper IMG_0202

Ford F-150 Lightning Part Identification and Steps for Removing Front Bumper IMG_0203
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
It's called a shutter assembly. It's a body part.

Best of luck on your repairs.

OP
OP
tdowens

tdowens

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat edition
Thanks for everyone's help. It was easy to find the part that I need once informed that it is a "shutter" assembly and not referred to as "baffles". Now just need to learn how to remove the front bumper without injury to all the various components that are contained in the front bumper area.

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
Thanks for everyone's help. It was easy to find the part that I need once informed that it is a "shutter" assembly and not referred to as "baffles". Now just need to learn how to remove the front bumper without injury to all the various components that are contained in the front bumper area.
Check this video........

Front bumper removal is required for ACC mod.
Sponsored

Last edited: