First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I have to agree. They're all just a bit behind the times, but these times may be instructive, mind-changing, and life-changing.
Agree…agree and agree. Nobody can prepare for something like that. I charged both my EVs to 100% prior to the storm coming thru. Watched the forecasted path possibilities. Charged my back up storage batteries to 100%. Waited and hoped for the best.
The storm’s eye came very close to us. Passed us around 6am. At 7am, the entire area lost power, the rain was heavy and the winds were steady at 50mph and gusting to 75mph. When it all stopped, my neighborhood did not fare well. Others around us had it worse. I thought I was fully prepared but not of what transpired. I was planning to travel to Louisiana but by 8am I realized that there was no way out of my neighborhood. Fallen trees and power lines everywhere. Canceled all my plans, and got out to help. It was overwhelming. My home had basic power. My neighbors knew all of that.
You realize quickly that this is not the time to crow about my Lightning capabilities. I wanted to help and I did.
Some acquired solar generators as a back up. I also learned from my Lightning and its capabilities. Also learned the Back Up Power is not as seamless as anyone thinks. I also learned what can go wrong with the storage battery system.
I will never forget Helene and her aftermath. I know we are all adults but Helene made me a bit older and a bit wiser and a bit empathetic to your neighbors.
Once life returns to a new normality, I will ask Ford to fix few things/issues with the truck. Now, I hope all of you who are dealing with this aftermath the best.
Sponsored