Sponsored

Rain Guards?

JustADude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro (Avalanche)
Has anyone put either the Putco (PN: VML3Z18246F) or the low profile (PN: VML3Z18246K) rain guards on their Lightning? Curious if there was any fitment issues and hoping to see pics of each if someone has. I've had more days w/rain than not since I got the truck and am used to being able to crack my windows w/o having water coming in.

Search wasn't really helpful in my quest, so hoping someone has done it before I take the plunge!
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
You can run whatever fits the ICE truck. Same cab, same doors. I would check out that forum to see what everybody is using.

OP
OP

JustADude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got it, I was skeptical due to the thread where someone had to trim their weathertech's to make them work. I wasn't sure if our mirrors were different or something, so I wanted to avoid modifications if possible.

I'll check out what the ICE folks are doing to get some ideas. Thanks!!

Priccijr

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Iced Blue
OP
OP

JustADude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The low profile Lund option on the Ford site seems to be different than the AVS from what I can tell. I'm not sure I like the in channel/spaced apart design as much so I may give those a whirl. Still deciding though.

wilmerfjohnson

First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT SR,2021 Bronco, 2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner
I installed the Ford in channel visors VML3Z-18246-F. No trimming needed, and they fit very well. They were challenging to install, especially the front visors. I recommend practicing the install prior to removing the tape covering the adhesive. There is a tiny tab that has to go behind the mirror trim, and that part isn't clear in the instructions. Had to flex them quite a bit to get them in. There are plastic channels that have to go inside the window welt so the glass doesn't get hung up on the visors, that part isn't in the instructions either. Occasionally the window reverses when it gets to the visors, but the more I operate the windows the better it gets.

One other note - you will notice an increase in wind noise (windows up or down) but it isn't too bad.
Sponsored