• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Shuttering/vibrating at low speeds

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro and 2012 Expedition Fleet
So I installed ACC on my 23 pro and after driving about 150 miles on the highway, I got off and took surface streets. After a fair amount of stop and go in traffic using the ACC the truck started shuttering pretty hard when it would come to a stop or start rolling (sub 6mph). Pretty aggressive vibrating. Any idea what might be causing it? I’m fairly certain it’s related to the brakes? Maybe sticking? The ACC isn’t super smooth and brakes pretty hard when coming up behind a stopped vehicle. To the point where my girlfriend braces for impact, but once it begins to stop its consistent, just decelerates very quickly.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
So I installed ACC on my 23 pro and after driving about 150 miles on the highway, I got off and took surface streets. After a fair amount of stop and go in traffic using the ACC the truck started shuttering pretty hard when it would come to a stop or start rolling (sub 6mph). Pretty aggressive vibrating. Any idea what might be causing it? I’m fairly certain it’s related to the brakes? Maybe sticking? The ACC isn’t super smooth and brakes pretty hard when coming up behind a stopped vehicle. To the point where my girlfriend braces for impact, but once it begins to stop its consistent, just decelerates very quickly.
Hi Michael! I can look into your Lightning's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Lightning's VIN?