• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Soft Covers - Truxedo & Tyger in the real world

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 5.0
Hi All

I have read all the threads about soft covers but a couple of things don't seem to get answered.

I'm looking for a roll up soft cover budget option that is relatively waterproof as a short(ish) term solution? I'm not worried about security as I will upgrade to a roll lock retractable cover later once I've got the racking heights figured out to get in my garage.

So to my questions....
  1. Does anyone here using them know if the Truxedo Lo Pro and the Tyger T1 work with the power tailgate?
  2. The Lo Pro states that you need to open the tailgate to open the cover. Is that correct?
  3. Does anyone with a Tyger know if they can be opened without opening the tailgate?
  4. Does anyone here have any comments on either one in hot (Texas) climates?
  5. Can anyone suggest a soft cover that they know works with the power tailgate?
  6. Do either of the above have issues at highway speed?
Thanks
Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired Army
I have the Lo Pro and yes it works fine with the power tailgate and yes you have to open the tailgate before you can open the cover. No problem when driving at highway speeds. The Lo Pro is an excellent cover with lifetime warranty.

OP
OP
HDT05

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 5.0
For anyone else out there that may be wondering in future, I heard back direct from Tyger and the electric tailgate doesn't work with their product.... so it's a bust....

Pro is the go.....
Sponsored