Sponsored

SwitchPros SP9100 8 Channel Switch System

derelict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT ER
OK some of you have seen the 22" light bar I installed in this subforum, I mentioned installing a SwitchPros SP9100. I wanted a way to control all the new non-factory light stuff that I installed. For example, the Raptor style grille has marker lights that turn on with the ignition. 95% of the time that is what I want, but if I wanted to turn those off without turning off the vehicle, it was not possible without adding a switch. Finally I decided a switch system was the best route. First I installed the Auxbeam AR800. I think the Auxbeam is a great system for the price. My one and only problem with the Auxbeam is that it does not have a default on state. Meaning, you cannot have the system power on certain lights when the ignition starts, you always have to toggle a switch manually when you start the car. That was a deal breaker for me. The switchpros is more than 2x (almost 3x) the price of the Auxbeam, but I figured, buy once, cry once. At the end of the day I am happy with my choice. The SP is a nice system, very configurable. But the app could use some work, clearly it was an app written by hardware engineers and not an app developer LOL. Now, if you search youtube for videos on installations of the SP, you will see many videos of Tacomas, and many of them have a tray were they install a terminal block, bus bar, etc. None of that stuff is included. And in reality, none of that stuff is necessary, in fact, SP recommends NOT using them because it adds another point of failure. However, I did like the idea of being able to possibly switch the order of lights easily down the road if I added things and wanted to move things around. Also, I liked having all the power and grounds running to the same place, and wanted a circuit breaker instead of a fuse. BUT, I had an issue paying $100 for a piece of aluminum with holes in it like on powertrays.com and then another $100 for the stuff to go on top of it. Therefore, I decided to DIY my own "tray" by taking a piece of black plexiglass and drilling holes in it. At the end of the day, I am happy with the end result.
Ford F-150 Lightning SwitchPros SP9100 8 Channel Switch System IMG_1574
Ford F-150 Lightning SwitchPros SP9100 8 Channel Switch System IMG_1575
Ford F-150 Lightning SwitchPros SP9100 8 Channel Switch System IMG_1577
Ford F-150 Lightning SwitchPros SP9100 8 Channel Switch System IMG_1579

I bought a mount from Swarfworks to mount the panel in the sunglass holder location. Also bought an extended control panel cable harness so I could run the control through the footwell firewall, up the passanger a pillar to the center overhead console. The installation looks clean when all done and no evidence of wires, etc.

Ford F-150 Lightning SwitchPros SP9100 8 Channel Switch System IMG_1595
Sponsored