• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ting Electrical Fire Safety Device

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
I have had a Ting electrical fire safety device installed in my home for just over one year. Considering the relatively high current associated with EV home charging, and the unknown safety history of the Ford Charge Station Pro, I decided to try the device for an extra level of home electrical and fire safety. I have not received any arcing alerts, but I did receive an alert for a brief brown-out / low-voltage incident from the power company supply. The Ting device monitors for the precursors to fire, such as in-home arcing and utility power quality issues. A small Ting sensor is plugged into a 120 volt home receptacle. Monitoring and alerts are provided by Whisker Labs servers. You can read more in "How It Works" in the Ting Device link provided below.

I purchased the Ting device directly from Whisker Labs for $99.00. The first year of monitoring was free, and I just paid $51.94 for the next year of monitoring. Six insurance companies provide the device free to their clients. My insurance company is not one of them, but I have recommended the system to my agent and asked him to pass the recommendation to the insurance HQ. The list of insurance companies providing free devices can be viewed in the Ting Device link.

I am not associated with Ting or Whisker Labs in any way. My work experience as a Licensed Professional Engineer, Assistant Fire Chief in the Air Force Reserve, and Manager of major Engineering and Construction projects was what led me to consider and install Ting. I read about the positive impact the devices had in isolating the initiation point for the catastrophic fires in Maui. I am completely satisfied with its performance and the peace of mind that comes with its 24/7 monitoring. I recommend that you take a look at it.

Ting Device Link:
https://www.tingfire.com/get-ting/#ins_partner

Maui Fire Link:
https://abcnews.go.com/US/1st-reported-maui-fire-caused-damaged-power-lines/story?id=102326367
Sponsored

MJB28

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning, 2020 Harley Livewire
I have had a Ting electrical fire safety device installed in my home for just over one year. Considering the relatively high current associated with EV home charging, and the unknown safety history of the Ford Charge Station Pro, I decided to try the device for an extra level of home electrical and fire safety. I have not received any arcing alerts, but I did receive an alert for a brief brown-out / low-voltage incident from the power company supply. The Ting device monitors for the precursors to fire, such as in-home arcing and utility power quality issues. A small Ting sensor is plugged into a 120 volt home receptacle. Monitoring and alerts are provided by Whisker Labs servers. You can read more in "How It Works" in the Ting Device link provided below.

I purchased the Ting device directly from Whisker Labs for $99.00. The first year of monitoring was free, and I just paid $51.94 for the next year of monitoring. Six insurance companies provide the device free to their clients. My insurance company is not one of them, but I have recommended the system to my agent and asked him to pass the recommendation to the insurance HQ. The list of insurance companies providing free devices can be viewed in the Ting Device link.

I am not associated with Ting or Whisker Labs in any way. My work experience as a Licensed Professional Engineer, Assistant Fire Chief in the Air Force Reserve, and Manager of major Engineering and Construction projects was what led me to consider and install Ting. I read about the positive impact the devices had in isolating the initiation point for the catastrophic fires in Maui. I am completely satisfied with its performance and the peace of mind that comes with its 24/7 monitoring. I recommend that you take a look at it.

Ting Device Link:
https://www.tingfire.com/get-ting/#ins_partner

Maui Fire Link:
https://abcnews.go.com/US/1st-reported-maui-fire-caused-damaged-power-lines/story?id=102326367
I also have the the Ting monitor. My insurance company does provide it. I think is great 👍
Haven’t had any alerts. They send a monitoring report every week. It lets you know if there was any power outages or surges and voltage range.
Ford F-150 Lightning Ting Electrical Fire Safety Device 1059C1D8-6010-42E3-8705-8D4F77E4F680