• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Portable Charger status indicator colors?

anewbe

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
A question to you gurus, I have noted that sometimes when I am using the Traveling Charger and have it plugged to a 240V outlet it will charge at varying rates ranging from 5KW to 2KW. That I can understand but my question is why is the blue line on the charger sow a partial orange? I say orange, some may say red or yellow. The partial color seems to have no relationship to the rate of charge as sometimes it is all blue but the rate of charge is 2KW. At home, the charge seems to always be at 16KW.
Sponsored

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
I dont have one, but I think orange means it is derating you due to heat. Have heard that the ford mobile charger is not very good generally and especially when weather starts getting hot.

Sounds like you have the charge station pro hardwired at home and seems to be working properly, so obviously there is not an issue with the truck.

Can try to get the mobile one replaced under warranty, but same thing will prob happen again. Honestly, Tesla's mobile charger is one of the best ones out there due to price and the ability to get a bunch of different plug adapters for it.

OP
OP

anewbe

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
That is a good explanation.