• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

USB Stick, music folders

Gabes

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 2.7 EB, 2021 F150 PB
Occupation
Machinist
I put a bunch of folders on a memory stick and categorize my music in different folders (mp3's and mp4's). Last week I could jump to and change folders to whatever I wanted to listen to. It would give me the "are you the passenger" question, but I could still change folders.

This week, it wouldn't let me change folders at all while driving. Just wondering if there was some update that stopped the use of this, while driving?
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Super Cab Carbonized Grey 3.5 EC 302A 6.5 Box
Occupation
Electrician, Retired
The truck may need to see some weight in the passengers seat to allow you to change folders. last week was someone in the passengers seat? If it doesn't see any weight it assumes you are alone and will not allow you to change settings. Similar to greying out sync 4 settings when driving. A thought.

OP
OP
Gabes

Gabes

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist
You may be correct. I'll check it out.

Will be a crappy deal if I can't change folders because I don't have a passenger.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT

Will be a crappy deal if I can't change folders because I don't have a passenger.
The frustration is understandable, but it might prevent future fatalities. Maybe there is a FORSCAN option to undo this.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician, Retired

You can try changing folder using voice commands. Should allow you to change folders then.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gabes

Gabes

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist
I've tried voice commands to change folders, don't work (doesn't recognize folders). The only thing that I found that kind of works is asking it to play a song in a different folder, then scrolling through that song list.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
If cars were invented today, they definitely wouldn't have radios.

If people managed to change CDs while driving, they should be able to switch folders on the touchscreen. This shit is getting ridiculous.

Take some of these dumbass oblivious drivers off the road instead of making new cars and trucks impossible to use!

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Maybe one of the Canadians on the forum has tried this. Interested if their country code allows it.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician, Retired
We get the same problems. I think it is more the lawyers getting involved with what you can and can't do when vehicle is moving. Liability issues. If the passengers seat is occupied, then we should be allowed to doing things that now you can only do when stopped. The truck knows when there is someone there because it turns the airbags on or off or dings because on seatbelt.

I crashed my truck because you let me do.... what ever you were doing when you hit something.

Last I knew it was the driver that did something and there for should be held accountable, not the manufacturer having to lock things out.

Just like the warning on your take out cup...Caution - Coffee is hot.

Caution - Driver being a ID10T and not watching the road.

Last edited:

MrHat102

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Total PIA, not only can you not change folders, it will not play thru folders and no gapless playback. I told the service manager, so I can drive over 500 miles on a tank but have to listen to the same album over and over unless I stop to change folders.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gabes

Gabes

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist
Ran a test last night.. Sure enough, it will only work with a passenger in the seat and won't work when they are not there. It will black out the new search button.

OP
OP
Gabes

Gabes

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist
Sure makes a lot of sense, considering that 95% of older cars, the driver is looking down and thumbing through a 5" phone screen to find songs.

My 18" F150 Lariat could change folders and wouldn't even have the pop up asking if you were the passenger.
Sponsored