• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Using a Lightning for swimming pool routes. Yay or nay?

gratney

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Lab manager
As others have said, if you can install home charger, you'll be fine and save lots of $$. With extended range Ford was giving free charge station pro. I installed mine at 60 max(sweet spot for me between charge time and materials cost for wiring) and I charge during super off peak rates. If you're on dominion, you can do this and you'll love it. The lightning is second favorite vehicle I've ever owned only edged out by a 2002 Limited Edition Trans Am from the last year they were made. If you can't install charger at home, you probably won't save any money using commercial charging solutions. The savings come in cheaper residential home charging.
Sponsored

BuzzLightning2023

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
92 Explorer,94 F150,06 Avalanche,05 F250,11 F150
We generally like our lightnings, and this isn’t a Tesla forum, so we won’t sit here and lie to you how a lightning will make you last longer in bed or whatever they get off on…so keep asking questions. I recommend getting one with the tail gate step though.
Tailgate step sounds nice. Another good option is a flip-down bumper step for around $150. I have them on both my trucks.

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I think it’s a great use case and the standard range battery would be fine…if…you can put in a .40-50 amp level 2 charger where the truck is parked overnight. Assuming local customers and you don’t have a lead foot, you mileage will be significantly better than highway driving and you won’t come close to consuming your charge.
Sponsored