• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Weird discoloration on rear bumper

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I noticed some odd discoloration on my rear bumper. At first I thought I was rear-ended, but that isn't the case. It is almost like something scratched it. Has anyone seen this before? I tried washing it but that didn't help either.
Ford F-150 Lightning Weird discoloration on rear bumper IMG_0419
Sponsored

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
I noticed some odd discoloration on my rear bumper. At first I thought I was rear-ended, but that isn't the case. It is almost like something scratched it. Has anyone seen this before? I tried washing it but that didn't help either.
IMG_0419.jpeg
That looks like a paint cleaner or wax of some kind.

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Lariat Screw, 22 Lariat Screw on order
I first noticed after I got the truck waxed. Crossed my mind that it could be wax, but it doesn’t wash off.
No, wax doesn't wash off textured plastics but if that is a painted surface it should just wipe off. I can't tell by the photo what the surface is.. They make products to remove the wax from plastics which are available at all automotive supply stores.

Last edited:

Sponsored

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
I first noticed after I got the truck waxed. Crossed my mind that it could be wax, but it doesn’t wash off.
My previous truck (Chev 2500 HD) had plastic mirrors and I got some wax or cleaner on them and it looked like what you have on your bumper. I never did get that stain off of the mirrors. I hope you have better luck than I did.