• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

When does Ford Pass go active?

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
I have the Ford Pass app and am registered with my VIN and password etc etc.

I read of people having the "activate" button suddenly pop up on the Ford Pass app almost immediately after their truck is built...I assume as soon as the truck becomes live electrically.

My truck was confirmed as being completed on 12-21-21. I checked PALSAPP and it's listed as being inline but no more info.

I have checked all sections of the Ford Pass app but still don't have a "activate" button.

When should I see the "activate" button, could I be looking in the wrong spot of the app.

Darrell
Sponsored

Edward Abel

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f 150
I have the Ford Pass app and am registered with my VIN and password etc etc.

I read of people having the "activate" button suddenly pop up on the Ford Pass app almost immediately after their truck is built...I assume as soon as the truck becomes live electrically.

My truck was confirmed as being completed on 12-21-21. I checked PALSAPP and it's listed as being inline but no more info.

I have checked all sections of the Ford Pass app but still don't have a "activate" button.

When should I see the "activate" button, could I be looking in the wrong spot of the app.

Darrell
Activate button shows up on the sync screen in the truck. There have been instances where someone at the plant has pushed and activated while it was up there. If that dosen't happen you will not be able to activate until the truck is at the dealership or you take custody of it.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
My truck was built at the KC plant in April of 21, at that time I had the Ford Pass app installed already. On that day, the build day, my truck showed its location on the map in Ford pass for about 6 hours and then disappeared until I took delivery at my dealer in New Jersey. I don't think anyone enabled the connection during assembly. I think it was more likely that as the vehicle is coming to life, being programed, it was communicating with Ford's computers and registering itself as built. And that's why I got a glimpse of its location. After that I guess they put it in deep sleep for shipping and on delivery I had to accept the connection in the truck for the app to connect again.

Last edited:
OP
OP

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
Thanks for all the replies guys. Looks like I'll have to wait a little bit longer before I can start playing with the toys.

Darrell
Sponsored