• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Who here had never owned a full-sized crew cab pickup before?

djwildstar

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Information Security
The Lighthing is the first full-size pickup that I've owned, and it is noticeably larger than my previous vehicle (a Ford Flex, which isn't exactly small itself). My wife has nicknamed the truck "the Beast" because of its size ... and because when it unlocks and unfolds its mirrors, it reminds her of a puppy waking up.

I learned to drive on a farm with 1970's era Chevy pickup trucks (manual transmission, four on the floor), and a modern F-150 is a lot bigger than I remember those "full size" pickups being. I find the camera and sensors essential, and I can still manage to park the truck under the deck where I used to keep the Flex.

On the plus side, the big red pickup sitting in our driveway really discourages people from using it as a turn-around, which my wife really appreciates.
Sponsored