First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT
Correct that HF650M is LISTED as "Does not fit" the Lightning on:
  • Leer Website
  • Third Party Sellers (RealTruck, AutoAccessoriesGarage, etc)
    Amazon

HOWEVER, IT DOES FIT
It is listed as it doesn't but I purchased mine knowing it "does not fit" and it fits perfectly fine.
The bed of the Lightning is the same as the regular F-150.
I have a photo of it fitting, and another forum member also has photos of it fitting.
I had this exact experience yesterday with the bull rings-- listed as "CONFIRMED DOES NOT FIT YOUR VEHICLE" on amazon. Ford sells a near identical part on ford accessories for more money. Bought the amazon one "just in case", tried it, it fits like a glove. There's no clear way to dispute the "confirmed fit" bad info and save everyone a few bucks. FWIW
Sponsored

Ishkatan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER =RAe (Range Anxiety)
Occupation
Old
I was wondering about folding the mirrors in. Do you find it makes much difference in range?
I don't now for sure. I tried it at 50-55 Mph one night and got 2.7 m/kW. I'm averaging 2.5 with my normal driving using lots of driver assist, not much A/C and on slower roads. I really need to do a comparison on the same road and speed. The truck is still new so I am driving like the old man I am.

When I do try it on the highway in Blue Cruise hands free I make sure to turn on my cargo camera which shows me traffic behind and to the sides, though distorted (fisheye.) However, if I need to change lanes suddenly I feel very uncomfortable and it takes the mirrors a few seconds to deploy so you need to plan, and break old habits where to look. Habits are tough. I don't recommend it if you have any safety concerns. However, it does make me feel better about not bumping mirrors when I see an oncoming truck on a narrow road and have time to fold them.

This should go in a different thread.

Last edited:

Ishkatan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER =RAe (Range Anxiety)
Occupation
Old
It went well. Pretty easy install. Yes, it does block the bed camera.
I decided to get this Bison cover since is does not block the post holes if I want to add a rack and looks great in your pictures.... but they don't sell to the USA. :( We need an equivalent USA distributor/vendor with Canadian prices.

marc_hanna

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I decided to get this Bison cover since is does not block the post holes if I want to add a rack and looks great in your pictures.... but they don't sell to the USA. :( We need an equivalent USA distributor/vendor with Canadian prices.
That’s too bad. Normally it’s the other way around: we can’t get US companies to ship to Canada.
Sponsored