• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s?

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
A few small features won't equate to a 20% price hike. lol
That's exactly why I prefaced that statement with:

"...they are making enough money to eat some of the increased costs..."

Little bit of a tangent, but it was weird how they made the Tremor an XL (400 Base), XLT (401A Mid), and a Lariat (402A High). A base Tremor certain is not as well equipped as a base Lariat.
It's all part of Ford's trim level shell game to make everything as opaque as possible! o_O

Ok guys, a 21 HVAC control head has been installed in a 22 and its working...
Did you compare the two units side by side and is there indeed a chip count disparity?
Sponsored

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
That's exactly why I prefaced that statement with:

"...they are making enough money to eat some of the increased costs..."

It's all part of Ford's trim level shell game to make everything as opaque as possible! o_O

Did you compare the two units side by side and is there indeed a chip count disparity?

I dont own an F150 I bought the HVAC controls to try and retrofit my super duty cause i wanted the heated steering wheel button. @Hackintoshihope lives pretty close to me and I was helping him install cup holder lights. we got to talking about the HVAC controls and I mentioned I had a set in my shop that he was welcome to try and if they worked I would sell them to him. He opened his 22 controls and looked at the circuit board, Ford removed the ribbon cable connector that went to the dials LCD displays. the pads are still present but no connector is there. I did not count the chips.

Jaybird2022

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx
Occupation
Military
Anyone know how much this bed package is? Probably too late to add right? Build date 1/19

Orange-F150

First Name
Werner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Anyone know how much this bed package is? Probably too late to add right? Build date 1/19
Bed Utility package is $995. Power tailgate, work surface, steps, box lights and boxlink connectors. These last two used to be standard in some '21 models.

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Dropped off at USPS today: My complaint letter to Ford Customer Relations about the loss of bed lighting on the 2022 Lariat F-150. Change only occurs when you let them know how you feel.

Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126

Sponsored

Jaybird2022

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx
Occupation
Military
Dropped off at USPS today: My complaint letter to Ford Customer Relations about the loss of bed lighting on the 2022 Lariat F-150. Change only occurs when you let them know how you feel.

Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126
I mean least they couldā€™ve done is let the people who ordered a 2021 being converted to 2022 know what we will be missing out on. I mean we were only able to build our trucks with what the website showed us. Pretty messy

unscheduled clean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 tremor
I mean least they couldā€™ve done is let the people who ordered a 2021 being converted to 2022 know what we will be missing out on. I mean we were only able to build our trucks with what the website showed us. Pretty messy
I feel like some of this is on the dealer, with "not knowing". My dealer told me right out of the gate that he added the bed utility package, specifically because of the bed lighting. I did not see the need for the power tail gate or the step, etc... But I do "need" lol the bed lights, so I had him leave it on there. So that being said, if my dealer told me right away on 10/1 the first day of ordering. Other dealers should have known as well, and informed you of this. especially since we can not build a 22 on the website yet.

Orange-F150

First Name
Werner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I feel like some of this is on the dealer, with "not knowing". My dealer told me right out of the gate that he added the bed utility package, specifically because of the bed lighting. I did not see the need for the power tail gate or the step, etc... But I do "need" lol the bed lights, so I had him leave it on there. So that being said, if my dealer told me right away on 10/1 the first day of ordering. Other dealers should have known as well, and informed you of this. especially since we can not build a 22 on the website yet.
I had to point it out to my dealer, he had no idea. Only after a couple of "pretending to be stupid" questions from me did he add it properly to my '22 build order.

ts3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat
Not sure I agree. And if it is I definitely don't agree with the way they're going about it.
Can Ford not go online and order LED license plate lights like the rest of us can and some already have?
To change the lighting in the truck they had to change the wiring harness with a little bit of research and information that's out there on the subject so far it seems that the plugs aren't even there for the lights that have been omitted. Wouldn't it be easier instead of retraining everybody and redoing thousands and thousands of wiring Looms which now they're going to have to keep two different ones in stock at dealerships instead of one. Just put everything together unfinished and contact the customer when the supply chain gets back together and have these items plugged in, installed, whatever. Instead of just without notice changing our trucks.
When we place the orders for our trucks we were told we would have certain items and without our approval and without even telling anybody things have been delete it. If you really want to stretch it this is basically bait-and-switch. Which is typically illegal if nothing else underhanded.

Darrell
I ordered a set of floor mats from Lasfit, and they threw in a random set of LED bulbs. Turns out, they're the right size for the license plate, so I'm set! Wonder if they knew this was coming....

Sponsored

ZOSICK

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat (on order)
I liked the temp reading on the knobs, but it is what it is. However, I will miss the led lights in the bed because I use them all the time. I will have to add with aftermarket. What I don't like is having to pay over $1500 for less options than the 21 had. If the price change gave me the same options as a 21, then no complaints here. However, I'm getting less for more. It also would have been nice to see what I was getting for my money on Ford's website. I understand the "chip" shortage and all but come on. Some future owners will not know of the changes and be disappointed when comparing to last year's truck.

I still can't believe I bought a 60K truck that "can tow up to 12,000lbs" yet doesn't even have a trailer brake controller in 502A trim! I guess Ford is right, I can tow 12,000 lbs but I won't be able to stop the son of a bitch lol. That is bonkers to me! I'm surprised I got a hitch lol. I think Ford has to be really carful in the future. There's a lot of trucks out there that will eventually catch-up to Ford. To some, it's already happening. As of right now, Ford is the only game in town that offers a hybrid (except for Toyota). Once everyone one else has it, I think Ford will have a problem. Now, it's easy for me to rant now because my truck is still waiting to be build lol. I just hope I don't have issues when I get my truck!

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I liked the temp reading on the knobs, but it is what it is. However, I will miss the led lights in the bed because I use them all the time. I will have to add with aftermarket. What I don't like is having to pay over $1500 for less options than the 21 had. If the price change gave me the same options as a 21, then no complaints here. However, I'm getting less for more. It also would have been nice to see what I was getting for my money on Ford's website. I understand the "chip" shortage and all but come on. Some future owners will not know of the changes and be disappointed when comparing to last year's truck.

I still can't believe I bought a 60K truck that "can tow up to 12,000lbs" yet doesn't even have a trailer brake controller in 502A trim! I guess Ford is right, I can tow 12,000 lbs but I won't be able to stop the son of a bitch lol. That is bonkers to me! I'm surprised I got a hitch lol. I think Ford has to be really carful in the future. There's a lot of trucks out there that will eventually catch-up to Ford. To some, it's already happening. As of right now, Ford is the only game in town that offers a hybrid (except for Toyota). Once everyone one else has it, I think Ford will have a problem. Now, it's easy for me to rant now because my truck is still waiting to be build lol. I just hope I don't have issues when I get my truck!

I was thinking my 502A has it by default, but then I remembered I have the Max Tow package. I mainly checked that option for the upgraded rear end, bigger rear brakes, and the larger fuel tank. The trailer brake was a bonus!

CAPT JoCo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90, Mercedes E-350
Occupation
Retired naval officer
Well shit...

Just my luck. This bothers me because none of this is mentioned in the 2022 order guide. New or changed features are represented by a star, and the only thing I remember was a new zone lighting feature, the deletion of the diesel, color changes, and the BAP.

Also, regarding the screen, does this mean I get less useable area for carplay, maps, and apps with the temperature indicators now occupying the top of the screen??
Yes, NOTHING in the 22 order guide. Pisses me off as I ordered some custom cup holder accents that used ambient lighting as provided in the ā€˜21 models. A minor, picayune tidbitā€¦but I reviewed the order guide in detail before submitting my vehicle order and if it was disclosed there I wouldnā€™t have wasted the customization effort & $$ā€¦ nbd tho, a first world problem indeed;).

Jaybird2022

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx
Occupation
Military
Yes, NOTHING in the 22 order guide. Pisses me off as I ordered some custom cup holder accents that used ambient lighting as provided in the ā€˜21 models. A minor, picayune tidbitā€¦but I reviewed the order guide in detail before submitting my vehicle order and if it was disclosed there I wouldnā€™t have wasted the customization effort & $$ā€¦ nbd tho, a first world problem indeed;).
Got the link?

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
This may be better for the BAP threadā€¦. But has anyone else noticed the latest 22 order guide under the BAP description no longer lists the black headlamp bezels, as well it only says ā€œ dark interior appliquĆ©sā€ it no longer says ā€œblack interior finish on console, door trim and instrument panelā€??
Maybe itā€™s just me or Iā€™m looking at the wrong spot but it seems those have been removed from the package now?

Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s? 2FBF05B3-6A7A-407F-8A84-8153A7428DCB
Sponsored