• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s?

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Nice! I'll be looking into this for sure, I should have my 2022 in a month or so and was a little disappointed in some of the minor features that Ford dropped for the 22's.

I'm curious about the cup holder lights also, what all was involved in that? I saw on another forum a guy who installed them on a 2022 super duty but I'm not sure how parts will interchange.

LOL im that guy. From what I can find(im not a parts guy but went to my local). the light ring is the same part number, the light harness is not the same it has a different connector. regardless though the part numbers I have listed in my super duty thread will work in the F150.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
There's a couple of fellas on other forums that have purchased bargain builds at XL and XLT trims, taking advantage of the traditional pre-Covid huge discounts off MSRP and then tenaciously added in numerous oem features using clever parts acquisitions and some great Forscan "tuning".
Point is, if you are really disappointed with a feature that you don't have on your truck, it doesn't mean you have to live without it.

These previous few posts are wonderful examples.

TxBrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor
This is awesome. I also have a 2018 Platinum Expedtion with lighted cup holders and the temp display and waiting on a 2022. Iā€™m going to pull those from the expedition and install them on my truck before I sell it.

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
IT Consultant
This is awesome. I also have a 2018 Platinum Expedtion with lighted cup holders and the temp display and waiting on a 2022. Iā€™m going to pull those from the expedition and install them on my truck before I sell it.
I pulled the lighted cup holders from the truck I traded in! And JHForman made a harness for me to make sure they worked.

Sponsored

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350

your HVAC controls wont fit. the lighted cup holders, just take apart the cup holders remove the light ring and harness and put it back together.

thomhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150, '96 F-150, '13 Fusion
Found a 2021 HVAC control unit on ebay with the correct options and jumped on it, first official mod before the truck has even arrived. Thanks all! I'll be looking into the cup holder light rings as well.

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
IT Consultant
I was perusing the interwebs in an effort to bring you guys the most breaking and cutting-edge Gen14F150 information and my eye caught this possible difference while looking at a 2022 F-150 Tremor that was for sale.

Ford's "DEATC" (Dual Electronic Temperature Control) appears to have been modified for 2022 F-150s.

For the 2021 model year, trucks with the dual zone climate control had two knobs with a small screen that gave you the exact temperature degree reading of each zone. For 2022 it looks like this was done away with for some reason.

Bear in mind, the 2022 truck may not have been turned on, but the big power button in the middle seems to suggest the layout for the 2022 model will be slightly different. Maybe the red/blue adjusts around the knob as the user sets the temperature? Is it some other cool new feature, or simply a cost cutting measure because the little screens were too expensive?

(My) 2021 Ford F-150 with the DEATC:
DB7FBEA5-99AD-4510-93BE-E4126568C3DA.jpeg

A 2022 Ford F-150 Tremor with the DEATC:
5F43907B-075D-4976-9672-2DA16698CD54.jpeg

2021 F-150 on top, 2022 F-150 on the bottom
7182CAA6-F354-401B-AEF9-00C24D170F6A.jpeg

If any of you guys who have your 2022 F-150s with the DEATC can chime in and adivse, let us know!

NEW VIDEO UPDATE:

Confirmation of the cup holder ambient lighting delete for 2022 at 3:15:

2022 Ford F-150 Lariat at Night! | Better or Worse? - YouTube
Knickell Can you update the first post with below info?

Here is the current list of all lights and features so far that I know of that are gone in the 2022 F150.

1. Cup Holder Ambient Lights (I have added this back, this needed a custom harness, and if you use the 21 parts without the 21 cup holder you will need to do some slight filing of the clasp nubs to the cup holder) - 2021 Part # HC37-14A318-C (cup light ring) and Part # HC37-14A318-E (cup light) - Color Change Parts from 2017 F150 will also work

2. All Doors have their Secondary Ambient Light which was for Door Cupholder directed Illumination removed (I have added this back, you have options) - Color Change Parts Installed from 2017 F150 however resizing of cabling, zip ties and screws needed (currently only entry exit color change works with the 2022 F150. Forscan changes do not currently enable proper color changing)

2021 Plug and Play Part #ā€™s
ML3Z-13C724-A (Driver)
ML3Z-14A318-G (Passenger)

ML3Z-13C724-C (Left Rear)
ML3Z-13C724-B (Right Rear)

Unplug and de-route existing single light and replace with dual light, Only other thing needed are some screws for mounting originally missing secondary light (unknown exact screw size, will update with sizing later)

3. Media Bin Light (Working on adding this back will be connected to the center console w/ custom harness) - Ordered

4. Glove Box Light (I have added this back, this needed a custom harness that is connected to the center console) - 2021 Part # ML3Z-14A411-C

5. LCD Readout Temperature Adjustment Dials (I have added this back, this is plug and play) - 2021 Platinum Part # ML3T-18C612-DE

6. Leftmost and Rightmost Vents no longer have an adjustment dial to turn off air flow instead you must manually close vent (Not working on adding this back, closing vents isnā€™t something Iā€™ve ever done, I might add part numbers)

7. Media Bin Snap In Phone Holder is no longer included - 3D Printing might be the only option

8. Rear Cup Holders Clasp Nubs are no longer present it is now just a Cup Holder without the clasping mechanism that the Front Cup Holders have (Not working on adding this back, I might add part numbers)

9. License plate lights are now Incandescent instead of LED (serviceability is better meaning you have a bulb instead of an entire assembly, and thankfully the bulb is easy to upgrade)

Either this is a part supply issue or an inflation issue and/or greed.

Last edited:

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Here is the current list of all lights and features so far that I know of that are gone.

1. Cup Holder Ambient Lights (I have added this back)
2. All Doors have their Secondary Cup Illumination Light removed
2. Media Bin Light (Working on adding this back however it will be connected to ambient lighting, and not controlled with opening and closing media bin)
3. Glove Box Light
4. LCD Readout Temperature Adjustment Dials (I have added this back)

Either this is a part supply issue or an inflation issue and/or greed.

Media bin light(after talking to you and looking at schematics) is tied into the center console lamp and doesnt come on/off with the opening closing of the bin.

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
IT Consultant
Media bin light(after talking to you and looking at schematics) is tied into the center console lamp and doesnt come on/off with the opening closing of the bin.
So I am guessing it simply stays on all the time, like the rest of the ambient lighting.

Sponsored

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I pulled the lighted cup holders from the truck I traded in! And JHForman made a harness for me to make sure they worked.
Did you just pull the lighting ring or did you pull out the entire cup holder assembly and leave a hole?

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
So I am guessing it simply stays on all the time, like the rest of the ambient lighting.

Its not part of the ambient lighting at all, its part of the interior lamps(i know confusing truts me lol). the center slide open cubby where your cell phone goes, the light will stay on till the battery saver times out(i think its 15 mins).

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
IT Consultant
Did you just pull the lighting ring or did you pull out the entire cup holder assembly and leave a hole?
Pulled the entire cup holder assembly and put the 2022 cup holder assembly in the 2021 I traded off. Also needed to buy a wiring harness from JHForman812

Its not part of the ambient lighting at all, its part of the interior lamps(i know confusing truts me lol). the center slide open cubby where your cell phone goes, the light will stay on till the battery saver times out(i think its 15 mins).
So is the answer is just to T off of center console with the light and clear diffuser?

Edit* Glove box would be the same T off of center console.

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
Pulled the entire cup holder assembly and put the 2022 cup holder assembly in the 2021 I traded off. Also needed to buy a wiring harness from JHForman812

So is the answer is just to T off of center console with the light and clear diffuser?

Edit* Glove box would be the same T off of center console.
Out of curiosity, why didnā€™t you keep the ā€™21? Upgrading to a higher trim with the ā€˜22?

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
IT Consultant
Out of curiosity, why didnā€™t you keep the ā€™21? Upgrading to a higher trim with the ā€˜22?
Long story but I had more options and thought I was getting a full upgrade and got a very very good deal.
Sponsored