• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s?

Mike G-Man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 1969 Mustang 428CJ
Occupation
Fed
What's the dates of your order? I bet if it's a few weeks old it might not be relevant to the current '22 builds. But I'm really no expert, just a regular guy ordering my first truck hoping it shows up soon.
My order date is 12 November and the order form shows it as a '22. I guess I'll find out when it comes in. If it's not what I expected I can refuse delivery I guess.
Sponsored

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
AS someone with an engineering/manufacturing background, this would be a logistical nightmare of biblical proportions.
Maybe but manufacturers do mid year changes all the time.

Darrell

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
Maybe but manufacturers do mid year changes all the time.

Darrell
Yes, but it's from a drop-dead date. Everything after day XX is the new configuration. Not some are old configuration and some are new.

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Have either your or @Hackintoshihope found part numbers on the glove box/media bin? Seems like it would make sense to put the lights back in at the same time as the cupholder... While everything is opened up.
Glove box light and media bin part numbers have been looked up by @Hackintoshihope. we will be adding the media bin one soon, the glove box one we have yet to verify the cutout is there for the light to be added back in but i imagine it will be.

Sponsored

darkjedi007

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost
This is my truck! Only mod left to do after getting back the cup lights, and now temp dials, is the hill descent control (since I couldn’t get fx4 with ccd)
Hey Brant. https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/members/9191/. That‘s awesome news about the temp dials/knobs. Can you confirm if you replaced the whole HVAC control unit or just the knobs? I’m trying to figure out what I need to do to replicate this.

Thanks.
Mike

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Hey Brant. That‘s awesome news about the temp dials/knobs. Can you confirm if you replaced the whole HVAC control unit or just the knobs? I’m trying to figure out what I need to do to replicate this.

Thanks.
Mike

I can help answer this, you have to get the whole control head. @Hackintoshihope pulled his old control head apart, the ribbon cable connector that runs the dials is missing. So to go the difficult route youd have to get the knobs with the displays(this isnt a part you can just buy), then you need the ribbon cable connectors and have to solder them on.

darkjedi007

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I can help answer this, you have to get the whole control head. @Hackintoshihope pulled his old control head apart, the ribbon cable connector that runs the dials is missing. So to go the difficult route youd have to get the knobs with the displays(this isnt a part you can just buy), then you need the ribbon cable connectors and have to solder them on.
Ok. Control head it is. That other stuff sounds too complicated.

Thanks, John! You’re awesome for doing all of this.

Last edited:

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Ok. Control head it is. That other stuff sounds too complicated.

Thanks, John! You’re awes for doing all of this.
I couldnt do this without @Hackintoshihope he lives close and hes just as willing to take his new truck apart as i am lol.

Sponsored

70Mach1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 on order
SKID PLATES
Another removed item, at least on the Lariat 500A, can't speak for other trims/packages.
In '22 (and even on the '21 truck builder as of this writing) the only way to get skid plates is to buy the FX4 package. in '21 they were a free option on 4X4 as long as you checked it.
Verified with my salesman yesterday. I am getting skids but no FX4, which is useless unless you like stickers for over $1K. OK so you get hill decent and different shocks but who is going to use hill decent anyway????

Darrell
I tried to add skid plates without fx4 but it only worked on the build site and not when my dealer tried to order.

upslash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Honda Civic 290k miles
This thread makes me depressed. First time ordering a new Ford, and I feel like I'm getting a less premium truck than a 21 but paying more.

upslash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Honda Civic 290k miles
SKID PLATES
Another removed item, at least on the Lariat 500A, can't speak for other trims/packages.
In '22 (and even on the '21 truck builder as of this writing) the only way to get skid plates is to buy the FX4 package. in '21 they were a free option on 4X4 as long as you checked it.
Verified with my salesman yesterday. I am getting skids but no FX4, which is useless unless you like stickers for over $1K. OK so you get hill decent and different shocks but who is going to use hill decent anyway????

Darrell
Can anyone confirm what/if skid plates are included on a 22 Powerboost 502A 4x4 (non FX4)?

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
I tried to add skid plates without fx4 but it only worked on the build site and not when my dealer tried to order.
That's interesting since you ordered the same day as me (9-02-21).
I sat there with the salesman and we did the configurator on his computer to make sure it matched the one I did at home and it allowed skids and at no upcharge....this was verified a couple days ago when at the dealer,my Lariat will have skids but no other FX4 stuff.
He remembers our discussion about the slidplates and my comment that I wanted them since they didn't cost anything.
Guess i'll know in a week or so.

Darrell

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
IT Consultant
This thread makes me depressed. First time ordering a new Ford, and I feel like I'm getting a less premium truck than a 21 but paying more.
That is because you are, that is why I am trying to add everything back to be less dpressed and only have to think about paying more and not losing features...
Sponsored