First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
No
It doesn't but it does say:

"The number of customers invited will vary by wave. We are not sharing specifics."
Basically Ford doesn't answer to peasants like us they do as they please
Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
No

Basically Ford doesn't answer to peasants like us they do as they please
Pretty much. As I posted in another thread, I am not sure I will even be in the 22MY, even though I am 10th in line at my dealership out of 159. The dealer doesn't seem to know how much allocation they will be getting.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR; 2003 Mercury Marauder (For Sale)
Occupation
Data Wrangler
...The dealer doesn't seem to know how much allocation they will be getting.
Ford has not released allocation numbers to the dealers which I personally think is a good thing.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR; 2003 Mercury Marauder (For Sale)
Occupation
Data Wrangler
So how is allocation calculated?
Only Ford knows.

The Bronco was an example where Ford changed the allocation formula right before ordering opened due to pressure from some big dealers. The change resulted a greatly reduced number of allocations to some smaller dealers who had accumulated large numbers of reservations.

For reference, "allocation" refers to how many vehicles a particular dealer will get. And of course a dealer can only sell what they can actually get.

The initial Bronco allocation was primarily based on reservations before it was modified.

Sponsored

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Ranger Crew cab FX4 Lariat- Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
On another note , do we get an actual email for the invite or do they let you know on the reservation website ? I don't remember it saying it's time to order . If I can't actually order then why is it telling me it's time ?

Time to order.png
Following up on this , it seems my luck is no better than with my Bronco order :(

When I checked this page and noticed the "Benny - It's time to order " I was pretty excited . About 30 minutes later I checked again and got a pop up window that stated " It's time to complete your vehicle configuration, review pricing and place your order. " There was a "Configure your Vehicle" button at the bottom which I quickly clicked . I tried 3 times and kept getting
"Sorry, we're experiencing some technical issues at the moment. Click below to try again. If this issue persists, please visit at a later time. We apologize for the inconvenience. "

Then the pop up stopped appearing and hasn't been back :eek:

My internet sales person for the Lightning is on vacation and won't be back until Monday the 10th .

I'm feeling unlucky , depressed and abused . I need a hug .

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Following up on this , it seems my luck is no better than with my Bronco order :(

When I checked this page and noticed the "Benny - It's time to order " I was pretty excited . About 30 minutes later I checked again and got a pop up window that stated " It's time to complete your vehicle configuration, review pricing and place your order. " There was a "Configure your Vehicle" button at the bottom which I quickly clicked . I tried 3 times and kept getting
"Sorry, we're experiencing some technical issues at the moment. Click below to try again. If this issue persists, please visit at a later time. We apologize for the inconvenience. "

Then the pop up stopped appearing and hasn't been back :eek:

My internet sales person for the Lightning is on vacation and won't be back until Monday the 10th .

I'm feeling unlucky , depressed and abused . I need a hug .
It doesn't hurt to try with a phone/mobile device. I had some problems on PC that resolved when moving over to phone.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Ranger Crew cab FX4 Lariat- Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
It doesn't hurt to try with a phone/mobile device. I had some problems on PC that resolved when moving over to phone.
Well you got my hopes up again . Didn't even think about using my cell phone to login . I got the pop ups back but also the same error message :(

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET] lightning order

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET] Lightning configure

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET] Lightning error

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I just went in to my dealer after placing an order online last night. The dealership had the order in their system and had to review, then click “accept” on their screen. They did it while I was standing there and thanked me for the order.

The sales guy who orders their trucks and the other sales guy I bought my Bronco from weren’t there, so the GM and an office person were the ones helping me.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Well you got my hopes up again . Didn't even think about using my cell phone to login . I got the pop ups back but also the same error message :(

lightning order.jpg

Lightning configure.jpg

Lightning error.jpg
I thought if that worked for you it might be better than a hug. Sorry to have added to your emotional roller-coaster.

Sponsored

Dolfanrich13

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Military
I’m reservation 10816***, ordered within 5 minutes of reservations opening. Just found out I’m #11 out of 65 or so reservations at my dealership. Total BS. Waiting to hear back his I’m so low on the list.

Anyone know if I switch to another dealer if I lose my place in line?

Update: there appears to be no line with Ford. Will I be last on list at new dealership?
i am in the same boat he said I am 11 of 65 when I reserved on 19th but he says I did it on the 20th. I am thinking about moving dealerships to another state. What did you find out?

TexasGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
I'm still bummed. No invitation email, no invitation text and my reservation on Ford.com shows only "view." I reserved on 5/19, the first day and I am # 6 at my dealer, but I have no idea how many reservations they have. Crickets from them unless I call.

Any other's with first day reservations shut out?
Anyone with a reservation later than day 1 get to place their order?

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I posted this in another thread, but this is the way I understand on how Ford is doing these waves. If I am wrong, please correct me though.

This is the way I understand it... If you either deliberately or not were "cut" in line, by the dealer it changes the reservation and goes based on the allocation of the dealership. So if the dealer is getting 10 22MYs, and you are number 5, there is a good chance you will get a 22MY. However if you are number 15 and the dealer is getting 10, then you maybe moved to the 23MY. If the dealer never setup a priority, then it would go based on reservation timing. I am not sure if a person cancels though, but I would assume if you are out of priority slots then you would move on to the general reservation timings.

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
So I am a late reservation holder (June) but told by my dealer (promised over and over again by the dealer really because I’m skeptical) I am somewhere on there priority list of 10. He either doesn’t know the order or is unwilling to share with me what spot I am in. He claimed that Ford picked randomly from the priority list one reservation from each dealership for the first wave. Does this all sound likely based on y’all’s experience? Do y’all think all the priority list people will have the potential to order the MY22s?

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
So I am a late reservation holder (June) but told by my dealer (promised over and over again by the dealer really because I’m skeptical) I am somewhere on there priority list of 10. He either doesn’t know the order or is unwilling to share with me what spot I am in. He claimed that Ford picked randomly from the priority list one reservation from each dealership for the first wave. Does this all sound likely based on y’all’s experience? Do y’all think all the priority list people will have the potential to order the MY22s?
I heard it was the first person on the dealers priority list.

Regarding your second question... I am not sure. Ford had 44,000 reservations within 48 hours. About 20,000 of which happened on the first day. Now you assuming you have ~2,000 BEV certified dealers, and they have an allocation of 10 each, that would be 20,000 cars. I have seen reports that Ford can/will make from 15,000 for this MY, and then the rest will be 23MY, and 24MY. But they have increased production and I don't have a source to say how many they will produce before the 23MY.

I am also on the priority list (number 10), but Ford won't say how many allocations are going to each dealerships since that fake reservations for the Bronco fiasco.
Sponsored