Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I am talking about a color change (not sure if paint happens in color batches or concurrently) and removal of spray in liner (outside production factory I understand) which maybe would be different than trying to change trim or battery or potentially max tow.
We're about to find out because I switched from an XLT SR to a Lariat SR on 2/3, then switched to a Lariat ER in tri-coat white w/ AT tires a few days later, then switched to Smoked Quartz metallic with AS tires this morning.

I didn't have a production date on the white ER when everyone started reporting theirs. It will be interesting if my SQ ER pops into the production run everyone is talking about here. I can say the website hasn't updated my change (was put in about 7:30AM and it's currently 11AM) even though past changes updated on the web portal immediately.
Sponsored

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco; 22 F150 Lightning; 21 Jeep JT (wife's)
I just called to try to change the exterior color. Got a big NO. Once it's scheduled, it has a VIN and no changes are allowed.
Sorry, but your dealer is probably just lazy. With my Bronco, I wanted to change from Cactus Gray to Area 51 after I already had a VIN and build week. I knew from the Bronco6G forums that it could be done, but that the dealer would probably resist at first. I insisted the dealer go into WBDO and at least try to change the color and, voila, it worked. I took delivery of my Area 51 Bronco in December. With that said, color is basically the ONLY thing that can be changed at this point -- not anything else.

TL;DR: don't take no for an answer, at least insist that they humor you and try. Dealers will say no out of laziness and/or uninformed.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
4/11/22 Build - G028XX
IdahoSpud, I noticed that your VIN is distinct from the other two reports, is your truck a dealer mannequin?

Ford F-150 Lightning UPDATE: Lightning Build Date Scheduling Begins! Mine for the week of 4/25/22 [previously scheduled 5/2/22]! 1645730117842

OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
IdahoSpud, I noticed that your VIN is distinct from the other two reports, is your truck a dealer mannequin?

1645730117842.png
Mine's a little different too for a lariat er scheduled for week of 5/2: 1FT6W1EVXNWG045XX

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
If it's any consolation to others, I have a Lariat ER, Max Tow, Wave 3, 2/4 order but no scheduled date yet.

There are 82 Lariat-ER's and 13 Platinum's still waiting.

Sponsored

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
No. Early reservation Platinum. I just double checked for typos - the VIN is accurate.

Last edited:

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate

1645730117842.png
I think the 4th position is also a reflection on the type of restraint - I have lay flat seats, perhaps a different restraint system?

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Mine's a little different too for a lariat er scheduled for week of 5/2: 1FT6W1EVXNWG045XX
Did you get fully reclining seats?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I think the 4th position is also a reflection on the type of restraint - I have lay flat seats, perhaps a different restraint system?
Yes and yours is a Platinum, the trim level for the others are Lariat-ER

OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber

Sponsored

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
So it seems Ford scheduled the first set of builds from early April thru late May all at once -- does anybody know how often we can expect to see newly scheduled builds going forward, will this be a weekly update, or can we expect to wait a month and then see a whole bunch of scheduled orders again?

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
We're about to find out because I switched from an XLT SR to a Lariat SR on 2/3, then switched to a Lariat ER in tri-coat white w/ AT tires a few days later, then switched to Smoked Quartz metallic with AS tires this morning.
I thought I had commitment issues :). Good job with the Smoked Quartz selection!

OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
What are these options?

They sound obvious but removing them seems non-obvious.
It's only available for delivery to freedom-loving jurisdictions. You know who you are.

bwcbwc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler
So I'm one of the folks who ordered one of the soon-to-be "ultra-rare" SR Lariats. :)

I'm not scheduled for a build date yet, but I had my dealer take a look and he let me know that my order is "locked" and he'd be unable to change it to an ER at this point. (I was still a bit on the fence, but no big deal to me either way)

I'm hoping this means I'll have a build date soon. I believe some other folks with Pros or SR XLTs have reported similar experiences. Perhaps those will get scooped up in the next scheduling cycle.
Sponsored