Sponsored

Intelligent Backup Power charger, any new installations yet?

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
We know the HIS is actually $3700. I have a standing order for it through AEE express. The install of it is the other question... They will probably sub it out though considering they are doing the install, even in states where they don't have a solar presence.
AEE Express- The online store of AEE Solar, wholesale distributor of solar products and equipment - Home Integration System

And by the way, if you want to order it and your build date has passed, you could try calling SunRun at 833-324-5886
Yes you can pick up HIS for $3700 for equipment only,. I stated was sunrun is charging $7700 for equipment and Installation + 1500 and up to install 100amp circuit.
Sponsored

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Which code section would that be (keep in mind the service panel would no longer be the service equipment if the truck is made to be the power source)?
As opposed to people talking about modifying the ground in your cable ;) Ultimately you have to deal with that ground in a safe fashion. The Generac does that. 30 amps is enough to run the well, heat, and a few lights. I'm fine with that.

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
Generac 6852 has a switched neutral. The reliance x series generator transfer switches also switch the neutral , though I have not seen them for sale. However this will not function as a whole home solution. The generac is for critical loads up to 8 circuits (I think).
Yeah, not ideal, but 8 circuits would be enough to keep the heat, refrigerator, and a few lights running no problem. For a few hundred bucks (versus a few thousand) I am OK with that compromise.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Yeah, not ideal, but 8 circuits would be enough to keep the heat, refrigerator, and a few lights running no problem. For a few hundred bucks (versus a few thousand) I am OK with that compromise.
I was going to go that route myself, but we are adding solar to our roof and our utility company has a program where their customers can purchase it lease two power walls (5500 or 55/month for 10 years) or two enphase iq10 batteries for (6500 or 65/ month x 10 years). We will purchase and use solar to recharge the batteries so they qualify for the investment tax credit along with the solar system. We can then allow the power company to use the batteries to reduce costs during high demand times for further financial compensation (I will read through their program details some more).

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was going to go that route myself, but we are adding solar to our roof and our utility company has a program where their customers can purchase it lease two power walls (5500 or 55/month for 10 years) or two enphase iq10 batteries for (6500 or 65/ month x 10 years). We will purchase and use solar to recharge the batteries so they qualify for the investment tax credit along with the solar system. We can then allow the power company to use the batteries to reduce costs during high demand times for further financial compensation (I will read through their program details some more).
That’s an interesting program

Sponsored

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
Yes you can pick up HIS for $3700 for equipment only,. I stated was sunrun is charging $7700 for equipment and Installation + 1500 and up to install 100amp circuit.
So $3700 for installation... Robbery. Just plain Robbery. Going to take 8 hours of labor max @ $150/Hr. max is only $1200. Say another $1000 in misc. materials. Its still another $1500 overpriced. Cashgrab being done by SunRun for sure. Must be paying for their plane tickets to wherever the customer is ;)

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So $3700 for installation... Robbery. Just plain Robbery. Going to take 8 hours of labor max @ $150/Hr. max is only $1200. Say another $1000 in misc. materials. Its still another $1500 overpriced. Cashgrab being done by SunRun for sure. Must be paying for their plane tickets to wherever the customer is ;)
Exactly. Most of the if not all the comments about Sunrun are not positive.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
When looking at solar for my house Sunrun was $20,000 over Tesla without a power wall (the Tesla quote included one) and were very forceful trying to get me to sign documents even though “I wasn’t committed if I did”. Yah right. The justification for the cost difference was the monitoring of the equipment and output. For 20k I’ll keep an eye on that myself.
Sponsored