• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 6/6 Lightning Build Week Group

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Hoping to learn what the estimated delivery date might be……
I think a lot of people thought by now we'd have a good sense of delivery times. But ford seems to not be updating things as expected.

For ice f150, it'd be about 3 to 4 weeks after it was built for it to arrive at dealer. Chips holds would lengthen that time , but I don't think lightnings will have chip holds.
Sponsored

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
I'm being intentionally pessimistic and thinking 8 weeks, so the end of July.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I'm being intentionally pessimistic and thinking 8 weeks, so the end of July.
I think this is a good timeline - remember the build week is the start of the build, not the end - so 3-4 weeks for building and 3-5 weeks for shipping.

Delays can also come from shipping as it waits around for a train or a truck driver. Our Mach-e sat for about 2.5 weeks waiting on a truck.

Fast150EV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat, 2022 F150 Lariat EV
New to the Forum and this Group today.

Iced Blue Lariat, ER, max tow, spay-in liner. Original Build Date: 6/13…moved today to 6/6. Hoping to learn what the estimated delivery date might be……?

Need to decide what charging arrangement I’m going to install so I can schedule a contractor…Ford’s preferred installer doesn’t do business here in Oregon….
Sounds like we have the exact same spec truck and built around the same time - welcome to 6/6

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
New to the Forum and this Group today.

Iced Blue Lariat, ER, max tow, spay-in liner. Original Build Date: 6/13…moved today to 6/6. Hoping to learn what the estimated delivery date might be……?

Need to decide what charging arrangement I’m going to install so I can schedule a contractor…Ford’s preferred installer doesn’t do business here in Oregon….
Many Oregon utilities have $500 rebates on Energy Star listed chargers.

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I think a lot of people thought by now we'd have a good sense of delivery times. But ford seems to not be updating things as expected.

For ice f150, it'd be about 3 to 4 weeks after it was built for it to arrive at dealer. Chips holds would lengthen that time , but I don't think lightnings will have chip holds.
Yep, from what I’ve read it appears Ford is prioritizing chips for the Lightning over other model runs (upsetting those owners with longer production schedules).

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many Oregon utilities have $500 rebates on Energy Star listed chargers.
Thanks for the heads up….I’ll check with Pacific Power…now I just need to get better info on the charger installation so I can talk with some electrical contractors (Some good info is starting to pop up on this forum). I had considered going with the Standby/Backup power route (not solar), but I’ve been reading a lot of posts about frustrations with Sunrun and how Ford has set up distribution/installation of the necessary equipment.

Shigoku

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Lariat, 2022 Lighting Lariat ER
Occupation
Shellfish
Just received my vin# and they bummed my date from 6/13 to 6/6. Interesting. Black ER Lariat. Spray in liner.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the heads up….I’ll check with Pacific Power…now I just need to get better info on the charger installation so I can talk with some electrical contractors (Some good info is starting to pop up on this forum). I had considered going with the Standby/Backup power route (not solar), but I’ve been reading a lot of posts about frustrations with Sunrun and how Ford has set up distribution/installation of the necessary equipment.
I think the HIS is overkill if you are not doing solar with it. A simple disconnect with a connection to the 240V 30A bed connection should suffice.

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think the HIS is overkill if you are not doing solar with it. A simple disconnect with a connection to the 240V 30A bed connection should suffice.
I’m tending to agree with you the more I research the topic, though there has been some discussion on the forum that the power loss using such a method might be pretty stiff.

As for charging, I have the capacity in my existing home service panel to supply a circuit for Fords fast charger that comes with the ER Lariat…the challenge appears to be how long it may take to get the charging station from Sunrun if you’re not getting a Solar system from them.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Get a quote from a local electrician to do the 100amp run to where you want to hardwire the 80amp charger. Have them include the connection of the charger if you are uncomfortable doing it yourself. It appears SunRun is playing favorites with the HIS, not the charger, so you should get it quickly once you get the truck, and can use the portable one until you get it.

I have the opposite problem. I don't want to install the charger before I get the HIS, SunRun does not service Oregon, the local company that installed both of my systems is out of business, and I have a complex retrofit install. I will use the portable charger until I figure this out.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Get a quote from a local electrician to do the 100amp run to where you want to hardwire the 80amp charger. Have them include the connection of the charger if you are uncomfortable doing it yourself. It appears SunRun is playing favorites with the HIS, not the charger, so you should get it quickly once you get the truck, and can use the portable one until you get it.

I have the opposite problem. I don't want to install the charger before I get the HIS, SunRun does not service Oregon, the local company that installed both of my systems is out of business, and I have a complex retrofit install. I will use the portable charger until I figure this out.
The more I’m educating myself on the topic, the more I’m understanding your predicament of having an existing solar system and compatibility with the SunRun HIS. As a fellow Oregonian, I reached out to SunRun about an equipment purchase-only option…their silence is deafening…as you suggest, they are probably monetizing their single-source status and priorities :)

I have a great electrical contractor that did the work when I built my house 14 yrs ago, who is luckily still in business, that I’ll be calling once I can find sufficient details on the Ford/SunRun charger. My current plan is to install a 40 amp wall outlet for the Ford portable L2 charger adjacent to the box for the 80 amp version. That will give me the option to use the portable charger like you until the 80 amp version arrives……

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

The more I’m educating myself on the topic, the more I’m understanding your predicament of having an existing solar system and compatibility with the SunRun HIS. As a fellow Oregonian, I reached out to SunRun about an equipment purchase-only option…their silence is deafening…as you suggest, they are probably monetizing their single-source status and priorities :)

I have a great electrical contractor that did the work when I built my house 14 yrs ago, who is luckily still in business, that I’ll be calling once I can find sufficient details on the Ford/SunRun charger. My current plan is to install a 40 amp wall outlet for the Ford portable L2 charger adjacent to the box for the 80 amp version. That will give me the option to use the portable charger like you until the

I have a great electrical contractor that did the work when I built my house 14 yrs ago, who is luckily still in business, that I’ll be calling once I can find sufficient details on the Ford/SunRun charger. My current plan is to install a 40 amp wall outlet for the Ford portable L2 charger adjacent to the box for the 80 amp version. That will give me the option to use the portable charger like you until the 80 amp version arrives……
BTW, I just found this message on the Forum……

The cost to buy the home integration on your own is $3,700 so Sunrun is charging $5,700 for the install.

I had a sunrun rep refuse to tell me how much the home integration system costs, and told me you weren't allowed to by it, and you had to go through sunrun, then I sent her a screen shot from sunrun's own website and she sent me the link below.

But they are also kinda shady, I told them I already had solar, and she at first refused to send me pricing until I sent her a copy of my power bill.

Here is the link to purchase the system outside of sunrun.

https://aeeexpress.com/crs/storeus/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?productId=0000000664

Rob G

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GV60 Sport, Bronco BL Sasquatch, Taycan 4S
Occupation
Retired
Ford just moved my date from the week of 6-13 to 6-6. I’ll be happy to see it by end of summer. If it’s sooner than that‘s even better.
Sponsored