• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Carminus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Never got an answer to whether it could even be changed or whether that would help me move earlier.

As it stands, I'm losing another summer without my truck. If only my dealer was able to get my F-150 to start last June. I wouldn't mind the wait if I at least had a truck.
You sound like the bronco comments on that twitter feed. They also said "should be" 21 weeks that does not equal:

This mentality is a real problem with this country.
Sponsored

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Business Consultant
Someone's dealer has some super powers. I didn't think that was even an option either.. at least not in Wave 1.
You didn’t think Platinum was an option? Or something else? Platinum definitely was and I ordered mine on 1/6 and it blended last week. Waiting to be finalized and then shipped once they get caught up I imagine. Good to see some of them moving out!

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
was the ordering process the same for the dealer vehicles, maybe that's the difference

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
Someone's dealer has some super powers. I didn't think that was even an option either.. at least not in Wave 1.
I just looked on the build site for a platinum and its not even an option still. Must either be a demo model or a dealer option added after the fact.

Reactions: GDN

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You didn’t think Platinum was an option? Or something else? Platinum definitely was and I ordered mine on 1/6 and it blended last week. Waiting to be finalized and then shipped once they get caught up I imagine. Good to see some of them moving out!
The Tonneau Cover. I was looking at adding one but it was not an option and my dealer said they were not sure how to add it when I asked them.

Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
We were talking about the option of a bed cover (tonneau) on any trim level.

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Business Consultant
The Tonneau Cover. I was looking at adding one but it was not an option and my dealer said they were not sure how to add it when I asked them.
Ooooh ok yea that makes more sense. I also didn’t think that was available BUT keep in mind the dealer mannequins we’re outfitted by Ford in all different trims and options. So maybe they were able to add to a few mannequins. Just a thought. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Next question - anyone seeing anything on palsapp? I am not on mine. That was a jack cooper truck I think.. you would think it'd show up on palsapp.

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ooooh ok yea that makes more sense. I also didn’t think that was available BUT keep in mind the dealer mannequins we’re outfitted by Ford in all different trims and options. So maybe they were able to add to a few mannequins. Just a thought. 🤷🏻‍♂️
THats what I was thinking. I asked the dealer a few days ago about adding it on after delivery and he assumed it would probably be the same parts for the ICE F-150s as well. Not sure if anyone knows that answer just yet either...

Hopefully your truck and mine will be in WA soon;)(y)

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
You sound like the bronco comments on that twitter feed. They also said "should be" 21 weeks that does not equal:

This mentality is a real problem with this country.
I've posted my Ford sob story before, but in a nutshell, I'm a bit anxious because I normally drive an F-150.

Last June it suddenly gave me a message on the dashboard and I pulled over, and it wouldn't start. After waiting over 4 months and losing the entire summer the dealer still couldn't figure out why it wouldn't start. @Ford Motor Company called me at least once or twice a week for the entire 4 months trying to help me get my truck back on the road.

They even offered to send an engineer to help the dealer diagnose the problem. The dealer refused their help.

After 4 months of waiting, and learning the dealer had trucks waiting to be fixed for well over 6 months I gave up, and traded it for a Mach-E off the lot.

Ford Corporate was very supportive the entire time and they even sent me $1000 to compensate me for the time I lost with my F-150.

I was truly hoping to get back into an F-150 before the summer so I wouldn't miss another summer, so it's not just a matter of getting a Lightning. I like my Mach-e, but I just need another truck.

Sponsored

Carminus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
I've posted my Ford sob story before, but in a nutshell, I'm a bit anxious because I normally drive an F-150.

Last June it suddenly gave me a message on the dashboard and I pulled over, and it wouldn't start. After waiting over 4 months and losing the entire summer the dealer still couldn't figure out why it wouldn't start. @Ford Motor Company called me at least once or twice a week for the entire 4 months trying to help me get my truck back on the road.

They even offered to send an engineer to help the dealer diagnose the problem. The dealer refused their help.

After 4 months of waiting, and learning the dealer had trucks waiting to be fixed for well over 6 months I gave up, and traded it for a Mach-E off the lot.

Ford Corporate was very supportive the entire time and they even sent me $1000 to compensate me for the time I lost with my F-150.

I was truly hoping to get back into an F-150 before the summer so I wouldn't miss another summer, so it's not just a matter of getting a Lightning. I like my Mach-e, but I just need another truck.
To be honest I did not know your history with the F150. And most people have a sob story ;)

I digress, I wonder if your problem with the F150 was the same as this guys:

Ford F-150 PowerBoost LEMON!! In the shop for over 30 days?!?! 🍋🍋 - YouTube

Was yours a power boost?

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
Better hurry up, don't know how much longer my buyer is willing to wait.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
To be honest I did not know your history with the F150. And most people have a sob story ;)

I digress, I wonder if your problem with the F150 was the same as this guys:

Ford F-150 PowerBoost LEMON!! In the shop for over 30 days?!?! 🍋🍋 - YouTube

Was yours a power boost?
It was just a regular Ecoboost, but after waiting 4 months and then finding out they had trucks there for well over 6 months I simply couldn't take it any longer. I debated getting a RAM but I love the F-150 and my experience with Corporate was outstanding. I think the bigger problem was the dealer.

They clearly haven't got the talent needed to fix anything more complicated than a tire rotation or brake pads.

I've called them from time to time to get appointments for small things for my nephew's Mustang and they always pretty much turn you down on the phone by telling you the nearest appointment is 3-4 months from now.

The big thing for me is that although I'm not a contractor of something like that, but I miss all the things that you can only do with a pickup truck, so missing two summers in a row is a major disappointment, especially at my age.

Carminus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT