• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Toyo Open Country AT III Feedback?

Bubbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat (ordered)
First post just waiting for my truck to ship. Got Ready Lift 2" Level on standby, thinking of a 295 60 R20 to fit the 20'' sport wheels.

Looking to get a tire that's a bit bigger to fit the level but won't be too big...good in wet/snow (3 peak rating).

Know that the Ridge/Trail Grapplers and KO2s are popular, can anybody can share feedback on the newer Toyo Open Country AT III?

Thanks!
Sponsored

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
I *highly* recommend you watch this... it's extremely informative on exactly what you're after.

I chose Nitto in the end, while going into it 90% sure I was going Toyo.

EDIT: After seeing you're in Canada, that means lots of snow... so you should go Toyo... where I'm Texas, meaning lots of aslphalt miles with zero snow... so I went Nitto for ride/sound/comfort.

Last edited:

jiggadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-Series
Have them on my truck. I’m happy with them. The road noise isn’t noticeable and have done well in the snow. Only 3,000 miles on them but no regrets.

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
Have them on my truck. I’m happy with them. The road noise isn’t noticeable and have done well in the snow. Only 3,000 miles on them but no regrets.
I think if I was going snow or heavy dirt a lot... and didn't live in the south (Texas) where 99% of my miles will be asphault... then I'd to Toyo over Nitto.... but after watching the video above (and you can tell the guy LOVES Toyo's), he made it clear the Nitto's ride a little better, are a little quieter, etc etc.

Both quality tires tho - you really can't make a wrong choice here.

johnday

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150 xlt/fx4/sport 2004 Ranger edge SC
Occupation
retired
I *highly* recommend you watch this... it's extremely informative on exactly what you're after.

EDIT: After seeing you're in Canada, that means lots of snow... so you should go Toyo... where I'm Texas, meaning lots of aslphalt miles with zero snow... so I went Nitto for ride/sound/comfort.

Thanks for the video, like you, I was, and still thinking of the Toyo when the time comes. I tend to buy tires with the 3PSF rating for where I live, so that's important for me. That video basically confirmed what I was thinking between the two.(y)

Sponsored

C_Low

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport

What size did you go with in the R/G? Did you have any rubbing issues?

pigpen23

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I had them and they're a great tire. You can't go wrong with any tires from Nitto or Toyo really.

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
I had Ridge Grapplers on my 2017, great tires but I did not keep them rotated well and they got noisy. (Entirely my fault).

a buddy of mine has the AT3 on his 2020. We took that across country for an elk hunt this year and they were also a great tire. No noise at all, great ride, and gripped well on and off road.

My 21 will have a set of AT3 on it. Just working out what size, and if a level or lift will happen.

OP
OP

Bubbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat (ordered)

Thanks @satexas , helps me narrow down my search and the video was informative!

Thanks @jiggadog , seeing you're from my neck of the woods so to speak, so appreciate the feedback.

OP
OP

Bubbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat (ordered)
I had Ridge Grapplers on my 2017, great tires but I did not keep them rotated well and they got noisy. (Entirely my fault).

a buddy of mine has the AT3 on his 2020. We took that across country for an elk hunt this year and they were also a great tire. No noise at all, great ride, and gripped well on and off road.

My 21 will have a set of AT3 on it. Just working out what size, and if a level or lift will happen.
@Bills , good to know the feedback on noise, thanks for sharing that experience. Do you think you'll go as big as 35? 34 looks plenty large with a level to me, and does not get into trimming or hopefully mess with sensors too much.

Sponsored

Sprke

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350 King Ranch, 2021 F150 Lariat (On order)
I have the AT3’s on my 2020 F350. I really like the way it made my truck look but I was disappointed in the noise. I have had the AT2’s on my previous truck and was happy with the noise.
I have a 21 F150 ordered and am on the search for tires but I won’t be doing the AT3’s because of the noise.

Hugo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I've heard the same about the AT3s being loud. I've got the Nitto RGs on my work truck and I wouldn't call them noisy but there is a slight hum. I think they just slip a bit more than I thought they would. Nittos are softer and although they're wearing even I don't expect them to last much longer than 45k. I think I'm gonna try the Pirelli Scorpion AT+ or Cooper AT3 4s next go around for a better road experience.

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
@Bills , good to know the feedback on noise, thanks for sharing that experience. Do you think you'll go as big as 35? 34 looks plenty large with a level to me, and does not get into trimming or hopefully mess with sensors too much.
I will likely go 34 on a level, but if i were to do a 4” lift I would go 35.

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
Here's what I purchased :

Dealer: Discount Tire, Inc. (a big chain with stores here in TX)
Readylift 66-2021 (2") Leveling kit : $229.95
Nitto Ridge Grapplers LT275/65/R20 126Q E1 BSW 4 @329.00/ea : $1325.44
Warranty Certificates (full coverage) : $56/each : $224.00
Installation : $21.00/ea : $0.00 (fee waived/free)

Subtotal: $1779.39 + Tax = $1907.70

Tire size will end up about 34.0-34.5"

Does NOT include installation of my kit (Discount Tire doesn't install kits), so I will take kit to a local shop, get them to do lift kit on my original 20" PVD Chromes, then go back and have new rims I purchased and the above tires put on right after. They'll gonna put "one" on, let me look at it, make sure I'm happy with offset, and then do the rest.

Readylift install will cost me around ~$250.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
I had the Toyo AT3's both on my previous 2016 Plat & the wife's 2017 Toyota 4Runner Limited. I like the tires, they do great on the road and when road is wet.
Sponsored