• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Train ride to SoCal

KristovM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (coming soon)
Posted this on the California Delivery thread earlier today:

My Ramp is CA5A with a ship date of 6/3 and an estimated delivery of 6/24-6/30 to North County Ford in Vista. Contacted Ford Chat this morning and this was their update:

The railcar/vehicle has been received by another railcar carrier at a rail junction point. The carrier name displays is Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway Co and the vehicle is currently located in Blue Island, IL. The ETA is 6/24/2022-6/30/2022.​
They didn't have a rail car number for me.
Sponsored

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
That's odd. "Currently located" doesn't sound accurate - I'd bet that was the last update that posted, not where it is currently. I know for some reason not everyone's record notes their railcar, even if they know it's shipped/has been in transit for awhile now. Have you asked your dealer for an official visibility report?

BlueF150Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew
Looks like my truck made it past Emporia, KS last night. Currently sitting in Wellington, KS as @Emersonsdad pointed out in his MME post. Anybody stuck in Emporia get an update on movement?

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Looks like my truck made it past Emporia, KS last night. Currently sitting in Wellington, KS as @Emersonsdad pointed out in his MME post. Anybody stuck in Emporia get an update on movement?
[/QUOTE

Sponsored

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
my railcar has been stuck at emporida since 6/10 SMH[/QUOTE]

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
what dealer is your truck headed to?
[/QUOTE]
Ken grody Carlsbad

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone else on here have a lightening going to el cajon ford here in San Diego?

Last edited:

Rekoil

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Carbon Lariat ER
Occupation
Basket Weaving
what dealer is your truck headed to?
Ken grody Carlsbad
[/QUOTE]
nice! thought I'd be one of the first in SD County to have one (5/2 scheduled, 5/5 blend), now I may be one of the last with my chip hold LOL. Kearny Mesa Ford here.

Sponsored

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Does anyone else on here got a lightening going to el cajon ford here in San Diego?
El Cajon Ford yuck… I have a fleet of 16 trucks and cars and when Fuller ford sold I was looking for a new home and these assholes treated me like shit. Good luck with them

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
El Cajon Ford yuck… I have a fleet of 16 trucks and cars and when Fuller ford sold I was looking for a new home and these assholes treated me like shit. Good luck with them
Ive been happy enough with them but only on a sample of my single F350. It will be telling if they plop some last minute ADM onto my order. I will let you all know. steve

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Posted this on the California Delivery thread earlier today:

My Ramp is CA5A with a ship date of 6/3 and an estimated delivery of 6/24-6/30 to North County Ford in Vista. Contacted Ford Chat this morning and this was their update:

The railcar/vehicle has been received by another railcar carrier at a rail junction point. The carrier name displays is Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway Co and the vehicle is currently located in Blue Island, IL. The ETA is 6/24/2022-6/30/2022.​
They didn't have a rail car number for me.
Same Here, just got off the Chat with them. Blue Island, IL on Indiana Harbor Belt RR Co. No Railcar number now, before I had one. Good Times. But at least it's moving.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E (1st Edition), '09 Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
IT Architect
What is the ramp?
This is a sorting scheme. Cars are grouped based on destination so they can be loaded into the same railcar(s).

The route that the train will follow will take it through several depots. When it arrives at a depot, the train will detach the rail-cars intended for *that* depot and depart (leaving the rail-car still loaded with cars & trucks). I am told the railroad employees do not unload the rail-cars ... that job is handled by the trucking companies that load the vehicles onto the over-the-road car carriers that deliver them to the dealers.

The "ramp code" makes sure that the cars & trucks get loaded onto the correct railcar for your destination.