• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NW deliveries

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx sti, Subaru wrx, Daihatsu Miro, Ranger
Union Pacific says my rail car has “departed @ 2:50 p.m. (assuming CDST) ”….I’m assuming departing the Blue Island Rail Yard. The CSX tracker isn’t providing current info, so it my have made the carrier switchover to UP. @Tyleem111, your tracking my show a new location….

cc: @macjaeh
I just got off the phone with Ford and they said my status was in transit and “received at junction” but they said it didn’t list a rail car number. The rep thought it was because the status was updated recently, and said to call back in a few days. So right now I don’t know what rail car # I am on.

Mine has moved from the North Harvey location to what looks like another staging area in Hammond, IN. It’s been there all day with no movement.
Ford F-150 Lightning NW deliveries E576FF00-E20C-4EF0-8E85-2C19F07B882E
Sponsored

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Firestop what is your delivery window? When I called Ford new vehicle service they said July 31st. My ship email from Ford said July 25-31. So looks like they are quoting the end of the window on the phone.

macjaeh

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, F150L Lariat ER (Ordered)
@Firestop what is your delivery window? When I called Ford new vehicle service they said July 31st. My ship email from Ford said July 25-31. So looks like they are quoting the end of the window on the phone.
I had the same experience. Currently sitting in Hammond Indiana according to CSX and Ford is quoting the last day of my delivery window as the estimated arrival date.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
My delivery window is 8/2-8.

Interesting that you and @macjaeh are seeing the same location from different sources. After being told my rail car was going to be transferred to CSX by the Blue Island rail yard Ops staff, seeing some ambiguous UP updates, and no info showing up on CSX’s tracker, I called Ford’s Marketing. They told me the rail car was still at Blue Island.

I finally called and talked to a UP CS agent…he said my rail car was on BNSF line, not CSX, and that only BNSF could provide me a location….BNSF does not provide tracking info to individuals not associated with a company registered.

so, I guess I’ll live vicariously through both your experiences and hope I transfer to a UP rail line soon. 🤞🤞🙏

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks like we have movement this morning. After arriving in north Harvey Illinois Sunday and shuffling a bit, then sitting in Hammond, IL for ~24 hours, we now have movement west. I assume whatever handoff/transfers have been complete. Around 6am pst it was in Bridgeview, and now it is in Willowbrook.
@Firestop @macjaeh
Ford F-150 Lightning NW deliveries 38832E82-1AB8-4C9B-8AD5-D66AB3BF08B6

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks like we have movement this morning. After arriving in north Harvey Illinois Sunday and shuffling a bit, then sitting in Hammond, IL for ~24 hours, we now have movement west. I assume whatever handoff/transfers have been complete. Around 6am pst it was in Bridgeview, and now it is in Willowbrook.
@Firestop @macjaeh
38832E82-1AB8-4C9B-8AD5-D66AB3BF08B6.jpg
Thanks @Tyleem111 for the location update!

Based on your latest map, my guess your rail car is on a BNSF line based my review of the below rail maps…and, if we are in the same grouping of rail cars, that the UP CS agent told me last evening that my rail car was on a BNSF line. Lastly, I think I remember reading a post from @PNWLightning that his delivery to the Puget Sound went to Portland via BNSF….

Well, no tracking is available from BNSF for a minion like me and updates to Ford’s VVR lag behind poorly (I just checked…It currently shows it’s in an IHB transfer yard).

Again, thanks for taking the time to post!

Ford F-150 Lightning NW deliveries B28E81F4-B274-4388-9456-79F202A26F7B

Ford F-150 Lightning NW deliveries 2EAE2189-098A-4F59-A5E3-283E5E85D41B

PNWLightning

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Thanks @Tyleem111 for the location update!

Based on your latest map, my guess your rail car is on a BNSF line based my review of the below rail maps…and, if we are in the same grouping of rail cars, that the UP CS agent told me last evening that my rail car was on a BNSF line. Lastly, I think I remember reading a post from @PNWLightning that his delivery to the Puget Sound went to Portland via BNSF….

Well, no tracking is available from BNSF for a minion like me and updates to Ford’s VVR lag behind poorly (I just checked…It currently shows it’s in an IHB transfer yard).

Again, thanks for taking the time to post!

B28E81F4-B274-4388-9456-79F202A26F7B.jpeg

2EAE2189-098A-4F59-A5E3-283E5E85D41B.jpeg
Sadly, it wasn't me. I don't have any insight into where mine is; it's convoy, and the palsapp 'hack' doesn't work any more; if it has a rail stop in Seattle I don't know about it. They say delivery 8/1-8/6, and the dealer said it might be early. Is there any way for me to know where it is?

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sadly, it wasn't me. I don't have any insight into where mine is; it's convoy, and the palsapp 'hack' doesn't work any more; if it has a rail stop in Seattle I don't know about it. They say delivery 8/1-8/6, and the dealer said it might be early. Is there any way for me to know where it is?
Opps, sorry about that misquote 😱

Refrencing back to the beginning of this thread, @RainorshinePNW , @Greased Lightning! ⚡ , and @yed19 have traveled this path before us😃. Sorting through their previous posts, it appears they made their journey to the PNW and PDX on BNSF….and, needed backdoor help to track their journeys. They may be able to provide us newbies some wisdom😏

cc: @Tyleem111 , @macjaeh

OP
OP
RainorshinePNW

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
Opps, sorry about that misquote 😱

Refrencing back to the beginning of this thread, @RainorshinePNW , @Greased Lightning! ⚡ , and @yed19 have traveled this path before us😃. Sorting through their previous posts, it appears they made their journey to the PNW and PDX on BNSF….and, needed backdoor help to track their journeys. They may be able to provide us newbies some wisdom😏

cc: @Tyleem111 , @macjaeh
Yes, via railcar with BSNF. Unfortunately there aren't any automated ways to check on BSNF trains/cars, but there is a way if you have your specific railcar number, DM me for more

macjaeh

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I got a rail car number from Ford marketing. I’ve been calling 1 (800) 235-2352 for automated updates. It says it departed Edelstein IL this morning and is now in Ft. Madison, Iowa. Wondering if we are now on different trains? @Firestop @Tyleem111

Last edited:

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I got a rail car number from Ford marketing. I’ve been calling 1 (800) 235-2352 for automated updates. It says it departed Edelstein IL this morning and is now in Ft. Madison, Iowa. Wondering if we are now on different trains? @Firestop @Tyleem111
Wow, fast progress…good to hear! It looks like your on a CSX rail line…not me…BNSF appears to lumber at a much slower pace taking a route towards KC, unless the switch before it gets there to a more NW path🙏😁

macjaeh

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wow, fast progress…good to hear! It looks like your on a CSX rail line…not me…BNSF appears to lumber at a much slower pace taking a route towards KC, unless the switch before it gets there to a more NW path🙏😁
The automated line said “Departed Ft. Madison on BNSF July 13 at 2:28pm” (assuming eastern time?) so I think I’m still BNSF

OP
OP
RainorshinePNW

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
Mine was originally on CSX, but I wasn't able to use their automated system to get any info on my railcar. For some reason I WAS able to get updates using the UP automated system. However, once it was handed off to BSNF that didn't work anymore. From departure from Detroit to arrival at the port in Portland was about 2 weeks, then another 9 days to get to my dealer...

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Mine was originally on CSX, but I wasn't able to use their automated system to get any info on my railcar. For some reason I WAS able to get updates using the UP automated system. However, once it was handed off to BSNF that didn't work anymore. From departure from Detroit to arrival at the port in Portland was about 2 weeks, then another 9 days to get to my dealer...
Could share these key dates, it would help with predictive analysis for future PNW deliveries.

Ford F-150 Lightning NW deliveries 1657740930617

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The automated line said “Departed Ft. Madison on BNSF July 13 at 2:28pm” (assuming eastern time?) so I think I’m still BNSF
No such luck for me…the say I’m in Toledo OH as of April 14…🤔. A nice UP live agent is my source of my current carrier.

I‘ve read that if you are ever carried by CSX, they will continue tracking you even if you transfer to another carrier. UP shows they carried my rail car back in May and that its loaded and transferred….but, no location info. They told me they don’t have location info on BNSF trains…..
Sponsored