Sponsored

Lightning TPMS Sensors - what/where to buy?

pbd05

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 F150 XTR, '22 Lighting Lariat ER & SR
I'm getting the winter wheel setups ready for the trucks, tires are on order and I picked up a couple sets of OEM takeoff wheels from some ICE trucks last week (no sensors). I looked on RockAuto, but their listings haven't been updated to include the Lightning. Looking up a '22 F150 with an EcoBoost, they don't even show a listing for a sensors. Looking at the same truck, but a '21, I see a bunch listed. My buddy with a '21 PowerBoost says the sensors from his old 2016 worked just fine.

I'm curious what other lightning owners have been getting for sensors? I believe 315MHZ is what we're after, but I'm not sure. I've reached out to my dealer's parts department and haven't heard back yet.
Sponsored

OP
OP

pbd05

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 F150 XTR, '22 Lighting Lariat ER & SR
Thanks for the confirmation. For future reference, the p/n from the deraler on the OEM sensors is Motocraft TPMS-68.

hihosilver

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat - SR - Oxford White - MaxTow
No answers here; just more questions, but I've had two different answers given to me on this topic. The wheel / tire vendor told me that they were unable to source the TPMS sensors for my truck because they were unique to the LIghtning and were unavailable. My dealer on the other hand told me that they are going to be one of two difference sensors; each operating on a different frequency and they wouldn't know which one I needed until they had the truck on the lot.

Sponsored

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting ER 512A
I realize this is an old thread, but I bought these for my 2023 Lightning per the above comments but I’m wondering if anyone has confirmed these do indeed work for 2023 (in addition to 2022)? I read somewhere the frequency changed but it’s not clear which year that happened.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning TPMS Sensors - what/where to buy? IMG_1078
Sponsored