Sponsored

Lightning Tonneau cover recommendations?

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
My truck is going into production this week. I'm starting to think of accessories. Any recommended tonneau covers that are known to fit the Lightning?
Love my Bak Revolver

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Tonneau cover recommendations? 8D15B01D-C90E-4A07-AB6A-1B2A8FB1330C
Sponsored

LSP

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Audi e-Tron
I got the Ford branded Bak Revolver installed by my dealer when I got my truck a month ago. This started happening almost right away. Going to the dealer tomorrow for modem issues and will see what they say/do about this.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Tonneau cover recommendations? EFFD1F49-FA39-43BC-B26F-1779CFB60C50

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I got the Ford branded Bak Revolver installed by my dealer when I got my truck a month ago. This started happening almost right away. Going to the dealer tomorrow for modem issues and will see what they say/do about this.
EFFD1F49-FA39-43BC-B26F-1779CFB60C50.jpeg
I saw this issue raised by a YouTube reviewer when I was conducting my research….I could be wrong, but I think the Ford-branded version is based on the older design depicted in this video:

LSP

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Audi e-Tron
I saw this issue raised by a YouTube reviewer when I was conducting my research….I could be wrong, but I think the Ford-branded version is based on the older design depicted in this video:

You are right on the money. I plan to show this video TV service guys. It will be interesting to see what Ford does with this. Thanks!

Simpso57

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
You are right on the money. I plan to show this video TV service guys. It will be interesting to see what Ford does with this. Thanks!
This video is why I bought the newest version.

Sponsored

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas + incoming F150 Lightning
After debating for weeks I ended up ording the aluminum roll up as well and it arrived today... $815 from Ford with their accessories discount recently, not sure how that worked out but it shipped and all.
I ordered the same one I think. I haven't installed it yet. Waiting to get a spray in first I think. I was wondering how it ended up in the $800s.

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
I ordered the same one I think. I haven't installed it yet. Waiting to get a spray in first I think. I was wondering how it ended up in the $800s.
Are you me? I'm not too far way :D Also waiting to do the spray in.

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas + incoming F150 Lightning
Where are you? I am trying to figure out where to get a spray and how to make sure they do it right. I am looking a Line-X place either in Geneva, NY or Syracuse, NY.

Also, looking at that video above I am wondering if I should return the cover and get this Bakflip Revolver X4S instead. Looks like it is improved.

O’Majestic1’slightnigF150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
Installed BAK Revolver today. Took about 45 minutes. I’ve never had a truck with a bed that’s not completely sealed between bed, sides, front. I noticed the gaps between the bed when I was under the closed cover doing the final tighten up in the dark and could see light!

Sponsored

dannynoone

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Big 3 Automaker Manager
I installed a Tyger T3 soft tri-fold ($229) a few weeks ago on my Pro. Looks great and works well. Very pleased so far.

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
Where are you? I am trying to figure out where to get a spray and how to make sure they do it right. I am looking a Line-X place either in Geneva, NY or Syracuse, NY.

Also, looking at that video above I am wondering if I should return the cover and get this Bakflip Revolver X4S instead. Looks like it is improved.
Syracuse. I believe the line-x closest to me is in Baldwinsville, outside of Syracuse.

I'm not really that worried about the felt compared to version 2... I almost wonder if the rubber pieces on the new version would fit on ours? Else it kind of just looks like you re-glue the felt if it is off, and I will try to find a better heat resistant glue.

Carminus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
I am going to put my vote in for the Peragon Limited HD Edition with the matte finish. I have a post for pics and info of it.

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
I installed a Tyger T3 soft tri-fold ($229) a few weeks ago on my Pro. Looks great and works well. Very pleased so far.
Hope you are still pleased. Price has increased, but I just ordered this item. Should be good for our mild weather.
Tyger Auto T3 Soft Tri-fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover Compatible with 2021-2023 Ford F-150; Lightning | 5.5' (67") Bed | TG-BC3F1064 https://a.co/d/h5oVXNM

Edit: received and that was an easy-peasy install. Exactly what I was wanting. Now I can get an extra 0.1 m/kw. Not really the reason for purchase. Needs to settle, but pleased.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Tonneau cover recommendations? IMG_2146
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: N87