• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/21/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I would guess thats why it was sent offsite? I ordered a bedliner too and it looks like we are both stuck in the "in production" phase still.
in the past it was approx a week of extra time to get through the spray in liner shop, but with a massive expansion of production [TRIPLE] and commiserate increase in trucks wanting the factory line, that queue might have grown x additional days unless the expanded the shop capacity as well, no idea if they have though. The delay is likely other matters, position in the holding lot, CSP work, other work, etc, alignment of the planets.....
Sponsored

nldoty

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER, 2021 Model Y LR
Occupation
Data Engineer @ NASA
in the past it was approx a week of extra time to get through the spray in liner shop, but with a massive expansion of production [TRIPLE] and commiserate increase in trucks wanting the factory line, that queue might have grown x additional days unless the expanded the shop capacity as well, no idea if they have though. The delay is likely other matters, position in the holding lot, CSP work, other work, etc, alignment of the planets.....
I imagine that the spray in bed liner shop is utilized by multiple factories in the area - so a tripling of output from the Lightning line might only be a 15% increase in overall flow into that factory.
Just don’t want folks to think they’re going to have to wait 3x as long for the bed liner. Maybe! But that wouldn’t seem efficient from Ford’s perspective.
They also provably aren’t spraying Rangers right now…

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I imagine that the spray in bed liner shop is utilized by multiple factories in the area - so a tripling of output from the Lightning line might only be a 15% increase in overall flow into that factory.
Just don’t want folks to think they’re going to have to wait 3x as long for the bed liner. Maybe! But that wouldn’t seem efficient from Ford’s perspective.
They also provably aren’t spraying Rangers right now…
The Ford Truck Plant (ICE) does have a much higher volume next door.

CrazyAsianR6

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Toyota Supra | 2017 F350 Superduty 6.7L
Occupation
Social Worker / Military
I think everyone I'm tracking on the 8/21 build week is now at built status.

@Lowe
1695818507411.png
I know you say everyone your tracking is saying built. But on my page it doesn't show that. Guessing then that my in production just isn't updated?

Also I'm not seeing the same update image you guys are posting as I log onto ford.com go to my account on there. Clearly there is another place to see that horizontal progress bar

Sponsored

danelawson42

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT w/ build week 8/21
Occupation
ER Nurse
I think everyone I'm tracking on the 8/21 build week is now at built status.

@Lowe
1695818507411.png
My XLT SR with bed liner is still “In Production” on the public tracker and when I log in to my Ford account. I had submitted my VIN on the order tracker thread, let me know if you need it again for reference, thanks!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/21/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 0DDA535A-7A23-4332-AA25-7C158E7A8599

Last edited by a moderator:

Jetsfan17

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR, 2023 Mustang Mach E Premium
At this point I don't believe that any of us will actually ever take delivery of our trucks. I think Ford was just using us as props to order the trucks so that they could build a robot army to take over the world without anyone noticing. They now have almost 15,000 soldiers. how many more do they need before they release them on an unsuspecting world like the Skynet AI built by Cyberdyne Systems.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My XLT SR with bed liner is still “In Production” on the public tracker and when I log in to my Ford account. I had submitted my VIN on the order tracker thread, let me know if you need it again for reference, thanks!
I see your record has posted, added you to my watch list.

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Engineer
I'm still keeping an eye on my cancelled order. It has shown this since 9/8:

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/21/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1695844510879

Platinum /w spray in bedliner.

Sponsored

Jetsfan17

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR, 2023 Mustang Mach E Premium
Has anyone else memorized their VIN # from having put it into the tracker so many times? I am going to need a new keyboard just for those letters and numbers when (if?) this is finally done

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
At this point I'm actually relying on everyone reporting in when a substantial change occurs.

Things that would help:
  • All members stick to their own build week for reports, others can read and send reactions (likes) or congrat's when deliveries occur, otherwise remain silent unless you would like to help a newbie with researching techniques.

• All members can report when a substantial change occurs in their build week thread. (new action dates In Production, Built, Shipped Preparing for Delivery)

• No comments need for negative reports that's frustrating for everyone to see the negatives and worse so when folks are cross posting negative data or observations outside their own thread.

• Doing the above will streamline the content of useful data, I'd recommend, you monitor a couple of the weeks preceding your build week to get a feel / sense for what's coming down the pike for your build.

debusskans

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
This isn't an update from the tracker, but this morning around 1:30am MDT, FordPass sent me notifications granting me access to my vehicle (and various notifications about free trials and stuff).

Here is a screenshot of the vehicle location in Dearborn. Looks a lot like a vehicle loaded on a railcar to me.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/21/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot_20230929_060157_FordPass

TaxmanHog, I'll dm you my vin for your tracker. I'm a Lariat ER with spray-in liner week of 8/21. In production 8/31 and built 9/21. Shipping to Colorado Springs

jhipp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Interesting Question: If your truck appears on your dealer's website as "New Inventory", does that mean you're getting close to it being delivered?
Sponsored