Sponsored

✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

TruckTyrant

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Volswagon GTi, F150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Engineer
I reserved on 11/12/2021
Converted on 4/1/2023
Build was supposed to have started on 8/8/2023

My dealer tells me its sitting on ramp 59...

I did as much of the Electrical work as I can do without the Pro Charger. I'm just sitting here waiting.

Order a Anti Matter Blue Lariat ER with the Tow Package.
Sponsored

scottlanger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning Lariat (In fords holding lot:)
I reserved on 11/12/2021
Converted on 4/1/2023
Build was supposed to have started on 8/8/2023

My dealer tells me its sitting on ramp 59...

I did as much of the Electrical work as I can do without the Pro Charger. I'm just sitting here waiting.

Order a Anti Matter Blue Lariat ER with the Tow Package.
When I was told at ramp 59 by ford it was not much longer to shipping. Got mine Saturday afternoon, the Lariat is worth the wait, went from 2010 Lariat to Lightning and absolutely love it, showing up at the dealer and having a 7500 incentive was icing on the cake and made the delay more palatable.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, F-150h, various others
Occupation
retired
dealer told me to call Ford marketing 800# to inquire why there has been no update for over a month. Marketing CSR was nice and had the same information I can see on the tracking site but said she would "escalate" it (whatever that means) and get back to me.

She also said I'd receive an email with a merchandise gift card. Well I'm sitting here surrounded by no gift card and no Lightning.

Dealer also won't say over email or text that I'll get the customer cash. weak sauce all the way down.

CC-2224

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat (ordered)
dealer told me to call Ford marketing 800# to inquire why there has been no update for over a month. Marketing CSR was nice and had the same information I can see on the tracking site but said she would "escalate" it (whatever that means) and get back to me.

She also said I'd receive an email with a merchandise gift card. Well I'm sitting here surrounded by no gift card and no Lightning.

Dealer also won't say over email or text that I'll get the customer cash. weak sauce all the way down.
Man, that sucks. I hope they make up for the massive inconvenience this is having on you.

harlano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fiesta ST, 2023 Lighning XLT ER,2024 Maverick
Occupation
1/2 retired

Yeah, that sucks! Don't know why the dealer is being secretive on the customer cash. You should be getting it, no questions asked. Hope you get your truck soon!

Sponsored

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
The Ford tracker (and Dealer) has confirmed that my Truck has arrived at the Dealership - exactly 2 years after I reserved it. Now comes the fun part of the purchase experience :) Will be later this week. Tempering excitement.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The Ford tracker (and Dealer) has confirmed that my Truck has arrived at the Dealership - exactly 2 years after I reserved it. Now comes the fun part of the purchase experience :) Will be later this week. Tempering excitement.
Excellent, 6 days transit
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1697575857218

scottlanger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning Lariat (In fords holding lot:)
Anyone have any idea how long it takes for ford to update their records to sold? Called sunrun they say dealer has not entered it as sold, call dealer they say it was done on Saturday, hoping this isn't another ford database thing that takes weeks to fix itself. For the life of me don't know why ford went this route, just send the thing with the truck like the cord problem solved but instead they introduce another place for customer to be less than happy with the experience

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Anyone have any idea how long it takes for ford to update their records to sold? Called sunrun they say dealer has not entered it as sold, call dealer they say it was done on Saturday, hoping this isn't another ford database thing that takes weeks to fix itself. For the life of me don't know why ford went this route, just send the thing with the truck like the cord problem solved but instead they introduce another place for customer to be less than happy with the experience
7-14 days but the sales office might have screwed up an entry on your truck, or Fords database or communications with Sunrun might be effd up as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

harlano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fiesta ST, 2023 Lighning XLT ER,2024 Maverick
Occupation
1/2 retired
Truck arrived last Friday at the dealer. Delivered to my driveway today. I've never had a vehicle with all the fancy-dandy features, so it's gonna take a while to figure everything out. 😂

Reservation: 11/12/2021
Order: 3/30/2023
Delivered: 10/18/2023

Almost two years!

I'm skipping the home integration system, having a switched neutral transfer box installed between main panel and sub-panel. Sub-panel has all the important stuff for the house. Main panel is lightly loaded and will now supply the charger.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) IMG_2787

Deeame

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT Lightning
@Deeame Austin TX Lightning!
1697674080344.png
My truck is under a recall without any timeline yet. Does anyone know what this may be or how long a recall takes? My dealer mentioned 'my' truck, I think, so it may not be others.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My truck is under a recall without any timeline yet. Does anyone know what this may be or how long a recall takes? My dealer mentioned 'my' truck, I think, so it may not be others.
All the trucks are shipping to dealers with the requirement that the BECM update be done in the field (your dealer), 90 minutes or less if they find no health issues with the battery pack, (only 4% of packs, mostly older builds have issues with the battery pack), as fast as the technician can get to your truck the sooner you'll have it in your hands.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Who are left
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1697731295387
Sponsored