• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

10 days to fix battery monitor sensor - CSP23B70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick, mustang
I called my local ford dealer today to address CSP23B70 which is the LVB monitor sensor. The letter from Ford says this should take a half day. My dealer said they could not order parts until they had my truck. It will take five days to order parts once they have it then five days to install as they said the entire HVB has to come off for the service. Thus they said I’ll be without my truck for at least 10 days (they are giving me a loaner). Anyone else hearing similar? Seems crazy that such a small software/hardware update requires 10 days.
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
It sounds like there is a confusion LVB vs HVB.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I called my local ford dealer today to address CSP23B70 which is the LVB monitor sensor. The letter from Ford says this should take a half day. My dealer said they could not order parts until they had my truck. It will take five days to order parts once they have it then five days to install as they said the entire HVB has to come off for the service. Thus they said I’ll be without my truck for at least 10 days (they are giving me a loaner). Anyone else hearing similar? Seems crazy that such a small software/hardware update requires 10 days.
My truck is on its way back to me through the pickup and delivery service after spending the past 36 hours at the dealer having that done and fixing the retrofitted heated steering wheel that had stopped working. They ordered the part after my truck arrived at the dealership and it was overnighted to them, but I also had not spoken to someone about needing it done, so I do not know if they would have ordered the part before getting the truck into the shop. The fix itself only took about half a day, as it was expected to.

Sponsored

ElKay55

First Name
Lon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER, Max Tow, Iconic Silver
Occupation
Residential Contractor
I had a dealership service advisor order the parts, 12V Battery sensor monitor (CSP #23B70). It took them 10-12 days to get the part from FoMoCo. They also ordered the steering wheel heater parts
He says it will be 2 days in the shop as they are doing a few other of those CSP notices that I have gotten, I'm going next week. hope it won't be 10 days UGGGGH

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Sorry to see y’all having such crappy dealer service.

My dealer ordered the part and then setup a service appointment for me. It took about an hour from start to finish.

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Sorry to see y’all having such crappy dealer service.

My dealer ordered the part and then setup a service appointment for me. It took about an hour from start to finish.
Same here; I called my dealer and they scheduled mobile service appointment for 5 days later for the 23B70 replacement. Mobile tech was in my driveway for about 40 minutes to complete the replacement.

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
I'm on my second attempt at getting this done via mobile service.

First time everything was all set up, I had asked if they had the part and they said yes (which i did not believe). Day of appointment, sure enough, they call and say they don't have the part. I asked if they could order it and when it comes we will schedule.

A month goes by with no contact. So I call them back and basically have to start the whole process over, they say they are ordering the part and will let me know when I can schedule it...3 days ago now. Seems Ford has a real issue with wanting to physically have the truck in their possession in order to actually order parts for it, which is ridiculous.

I am getting close to ordering the damn $20 part myself and putting in on, not like there is any skill whatsoever needed for this one...which makes the situation above with the must be an EV tech hilarious!

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm on my second attempt at getting this done via mobile service.

First time everything was all set up, I had asked if they had the part and they said yes (which i did not believe). Day of appointment, sure enough, they call and say they don't have the part. I asked if they could order it and when it comes we will schedule.

A month goes by with no contact. So I call them back and basically have to start the whole process over, they say they are ordering the part and will let me know when I can schedule it...3 days ago now. Seems Ford has a real issue with wanting to physically have the truck in their possession in order to actually order parts for it, which is ridiculous.

I am getting close to ordering the damn $20 part myself and putting in on, not like there is any skill whatsoever needed for this one...which makes the situation above with the must be an EV tech hilarious!
It really is disappointing how inconsistent folk's experience is around the country. Certainly no rhyme or reason to how the service centers decide how they want to handle things.

Sponsored

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
My sensor went wonky about 3 months ago. Zero updates. Commute daily, occasional error messages. Truck unfazed. Took a picture of sensor model after calling Astoria Ford BEV tech rep and sent it to him. Dealer rep texted back, said “Yep, bad one”, “we will order, call in a week”. Got the recall notice a week later. Texted them back, scheduled service.

The crybaby bitchiness I read on this forum is enough for me to say. “Go buy a CT, RV, Hummer, Silverado, whatever or shut up”. Babies, Soft handed, you are.

Early adopters roll with the punch. A lot of feet in the air opossums here.

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Ya, I don't get it. How hard is it to read the GD bulletins. I read all the documentation on this thing in about 10 minutes. Certainly the issue that started this particular thread should have never occurred if the service adviser had bothered to even skim the bulletins proved by ford on this CSP.

Far as my issues, I'm putting that on this dealer's internal communications and scheduling.

ElKay55

First Name
Lon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER, Max Tow, Iconic Silver
Occupation
Residential Contractor
I live in Atlanta GA., the number of Ford dealers in our area is quite large. I can drive to 6-10 different stores all within 20 miles.

Read any Google review thread about them... they all have gotten horrible, terrible reviews for service, salesmanship issues, lying about financing, crappy everything. There are no consistent winners. The competition for competent mechanics is fierce among all of the many, many auto brands and dealerships .

Yes I know YMMV, the dealership model has turned into a huge consumer rip and time suck.

I hope they don’t screw something up “fixing” these CSP enhancements from FoMoCo

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
crybaby bitchiness I read on this forum is enough for me to say. “Go buy a CT, RV, Hummer, Silverado, whatever or shut up”. Babies, Soft handed, you are.
Not sure how anyone in this thread is being a 'crybaby' for complaining that Ford service is inept. Has nothing to do with being an early adopter. This is a $20 part (that exists on non EVs) that takes less than 30 minutes to swap and we've got advisers telling people they have to remove their entire HVB.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Your dealer is...sorry to be so direct: stupid. Find a new one. A dealer that confused has no business working on your truck.

When I scheduled my 10k service, they offered to replace the BMS Sensor as well. They came out to my house next day and did the 10k service and I watched the tech open the frunk and replace the battery sensor. He was done in less than 5 minutes.
Sponsored