Canopy (Ford/ADT) truck bed camera

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I haven't seen any posts on this yet, so thought I'd share my experience.

I've owned it since Nov 2023, and have to say I really like it. I'm excited to see what gets added (there's a second camera port) and have been pleased with the customer support and updates. I don't have to be envious of my wife's sentry mode (still feel like Ford could have done something with the existing cameras).

If you haven't seen it yet, it is a camera that mounts on rear slider. The slider still functions perfectly and surprisingly does not impact rear view. The hub goes under rear seat

Ford F-150 Lightning Canopy (Ford/ADT) truck bed camera 658601aa54ce4ff1fc8d8dcb_Canopy_Shot_01 1
Ford F-150 Lightning Canopy (Ford/ADT) truck bed camera IMG_7422

It's powered by its own battery and charges when driving the truck from . You can also carry a spare battery (more on that shortly).

You set up the intrusion zone from the app, very straight forward. Alerts come in timely and the live video has been handy for those times I need to quell my unease of where I've had to park the truck.

Cons - It says it doesn't work with a cap/topper and I want to put a SmartCap on. So I guess I'll see if there's a solution when I do get a bed cap. There's no way to "pause" the camera. They said this is a common complaint and a software update to correct this is coming shortly. If you are in a no service area (my farm is) the modem will kill the battery searching for service. Another thing that is supposed to be corrected in software update. It doesn't have an automatic rear window cleaner 😁. Guess that one is on me.

Pros - I lead with cons because I feel the support outweighs the cons. The company is incredibly responsive. I complained about the battery dying/no-svc issue and they sent me a spare battery at no charge and said it should be fixed in a new release. I asked if there was a way to pause or geofence the alerts and they sent me beta software to reduce the alerting while they work on a more permanent fix. It's one of the few services that has gone down in monthly price. When I signed up it was 14.95 and they've reduced it to 9.99.

In the future I hope they utilize the second port on the hub, what would be really cool is to get the 360 view from all the onboard cameras. I look forward to more usability updates and I realize everyone's use case is different. For me I'm very happy with the value of the product.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
July 1st update, Ford has purchased Canopy outright. Will be interesting to see how this evolves.
Ford F-150 Lightning Canopy (Ford/ADT) truck bed camera Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 13.38.41
Sponsored