• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Looking for pricing/OTD deal on '23 Lariat ER in NorthernCA

byebyediesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning

DatOleMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat and 2022 Mach e Premium
I live 15 minutes from Fairfield Ford and refuse to buy from them. Salesmen are arrogant and non-engaging. I don’t like overbearing salesmen, but greet a person and ask if we been helped. Moved my wife 21’ Mach E preorder to Richmond.

Back on topic. I purchased mine from Hill Top Ford in Richmond for a similar price. Ford is offering 3.9% on 60 and 5.9% on 72 on 23’ models, which my credit union couldn’t come close to. They’re that as an incentive over 24’ model and $7500 tax credit incentive to get you to buy new.

Ford F-150 Lightning Looking for pricing/OTD deal on '23 Lariat ER in NorthernCA IMG_9691

SteuLight

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT 312A
Hi - I'm looking at a few '23 ER trucks but having a difficult time getting an idea of what to target for OTD deal. I'm near Sacramento/Bay Area. This is a truck I'm looking at potentially and would like to hear from anyone who may have recently purchased similar: https://fordfairfield.com/viewdetai...rd-f-150-lightning-crew-cab-pickup?type=lease

Thanks for any feedback!

I purchased a truck with a similar MSRP lately and I'll share some things I learned in the process.

First, the price on the truck you listed is good, but you certainly might be able to do better. That 'final price', btw, is NOT the OTD price. On top of their final price, they are going to add dealer fees, title/registration fees, and sales tax. I know they are going to do that because their 'final price' is just MSRP minus dealer discount and the rebate.

The 'rebate' is from Ford, who is currently giving $5000 rebates on Lariats and $7500 on XLTs until 5/1 (although it will probably be extended past that date).

The dealer discount is where the magic happens. You'll be looking for the dealer that can give you the biggest dealer discount (and/or tacks on lowest dealer fees). The Ford Rebate is a fixed rebate (the dealer can't offer you a bigger rebate). In addition, the dealer HAS to charge you sales tax and title/registration fees. When comparing prices from dealers, some will include those in their offer, others won't. Be sure you are comparing apples to apples.

The price they quoted doesn't include the $7500 federal tax credit. Some dealers can collect that rebate for you and essentially use that money as part of the payment against the truck. Others can't, and you'll have to wait until you file your taxes to get that money. Be aware of which one your dealer is going to do.

BTW, the MSRP on the truck has to be less than $80000 to qualify for the $7500 tax credit. However - and a lot of dealers don't even seem to know this - that MSRP cap doesn't include dealer delivery and destination. So the windows stick may say something over $80000 and you may think that the truck doesn't qualify for the federal tax credit. However, if you take off the dealer delivery and destination (usually $1995), and the price is <$80000, then it qualifies.

Some dealers will also tack on additional charges, like a maintenance package, or other installed accessories. Some of these things are negotiable, other aren't (like a bed liner they've already installed).

My suggestion to you is to figure out what you want in a truck and then call/e-mail/contact all the dealers within a certain distance that you are willing to drive to see who can give you the best price.

The truck I just bought had an MSRP of $75,429. They then discounted it $13,594, which included the $7500 Ford Rebate and the 'dealer discount' of $6094. They also wanted to charge me $998 for a protection package, which I asked them to remove and they did. So my 'Total Purchase Price' (Your 'Final Price') was $61,835. On top of that, they added a $899 Doc Fee, $199 Filing Fee, $3571.55 in sales Tax, and $41 in title/registration fees, for a total sales price of $66,545.55. They were able to collect the federal tax rebate on the spot, so the amount I had to pay at close was $59045.44. I put some money down and financed the rest through Ford (at 3.9%).

That OTD price was the lowest I found from 8 different dealers within a 200-mile radius by about $1500, plus my truck included a bed liner and window tint, which the others didn't (all the trucks I got prices on were exactly the same, except for that).

I hope that helps!

OP
OP

byebyediesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Hey thank you both, appreciate the detailed replies!

Machster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Management
Good morning!
Big Valley Ford in Stockton. Tim Rubino is a no BS, get to the bottom line kind of guy. We have purchased 4 vehicles from him over the years and spent no longer than 30 mins buying them. I can’t speak for any other salesperson there, because I have only dealt with Tim. He is a manager as well.
Sponsored