Sponsored

Lightning Errors Caused Truck to Not Start

Vitornis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2023
Well I hooked up my battery charger to the truck and everything came on like it should. SO it definitely a problem with the 12v battery.
After I put my 12v battery on the charger everything has been working fine. I also took it to Autozone and had them check the battery and they say it was in good health.

Not sure why it did this unless it had something to do with the Tesla Plug and Charge update. I did this update the day before and hadn't drove it any since I did the update.
Sponsored

bartcaylor

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Business Owner
Has anyone been able to resolve this yet?

I had the exact same set of error messages that showed up in my truck the Sunday before Memorial day. I had Ford roadside assistance come (who were not helpful at all). I ended up calling AAA who spent an hour and a half with me trying to help me figure out what to do after the 12 V battery would not jump. It had a full charge in it and everything seemed to be fine except for the error codes.

Tuesday morning, I had to have the truck flatbedded to my local dealership, and after two days of waiting for an appointment they finally looked at it only to tell me that these new Lightning trucks are tricky and they don’t know what to do. They’re supposed to call an engineer next week. I’m weary that I am in for a long wait. I hope the enginners they are calling are the same ones that monitor this forum.

If anyone had a successful resolution, please post it so I might be able to get to my answer quicker.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Has anyone been able to resolve this yet?

I had the exact same set of error messages that showed up in my truck the Sunday before Memorial day. I had Ford roadside assistance come (who were not helpful at all). I ended up calling AAA who spent an hour and a half with me trying to help me figure out what to do after the 12 V battery would not jump. It had a full charge in it and everything seemed to be fine except for the error codes.

Tuesday morning, I had to have the truck flatbedded to my local dealership, and after two days of waiting for an appointment they finally looked at it only to tell me that these new Lightning trucks are tricky and they don’t know what to do. They’re supposed to call an engineer next week. I’m weary that I am in for a long wait. I hope the enginners they are calling are the same ones that monitor this forum.

If anyone had a successful resolution, please post it so I might be able to get to my answer quicker.

Thanks!
Hi there, Bart. This battery concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Lightning truck. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

bartcaylor

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Business Owner
Quick update: The truck has been at the dealership for a bit over a week. They contacted the Ford engineers and had them come down to look at it. Ford also reached out via this forum and is working behind the scenes as well.

So far, it looks like an ABS Electronics module, which is on backorder but Ford is helping to get one out next week as a priority.

I have to say that I am impressed that Ford, as the manufacturer, is stepping up. Thank you!

I'll keep this posted to make sure that the solution is posted here.
Sponsored