Sponsored

Anyone use the Sol-Ark 15K with bed 30-amp outlet?

v2h8484

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
One thing I do remember on the Sol-Ark, is you can add in a buffer of grid power to avoid sending in a reversal of power back to the grid. I keep mine at zero, which means you can see on my screen that when a load turns off, sometimes the grid will pick up a few watts. But if you are always importing a few watts from the grid, this might provide a buffer for any sudden reversal. I wonder if it would work in this scenario.
That's a common misconception. The screen display is showing average over many mains cycles. The actual instantaneous reverse power can be up to many kW's (e.g. when a large load like electric heater, microwave or dryer turns off) for a short time before the export limiting kicks in within 2s (UL standards requirement). Export limiting is fine for meeting interconnection metering requirements but much too slow to prevent tripping protection shutoff.
Sponsored

AmpLee

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
That's a common misconception. The screen display is showing average over many mains cycles. The actual instantaneous reverse power can be up to many kW's (e.g. when a large load like electric heater, microwave or dryer turns off) for a short time before the export limiting kicks in within 2s (UL standards requirement). Export limiting is fine for meeting interconnection metering requirements but much too slow to prevent tripping protection shutoff.
I appreciate you taking the time to explain this.

AmpLee

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
One more question you may or may not be able to answer:

If the Pro power is hooked up to the gen input in the sol-ark, then I’m I understanding correctly that while it is charging the home’s batteries, the loads will be powered by ford’s inverter as opposed to the sol-ark’s inverter.

Or maybe better put, limited by the capacity of the Ford’s inverter minus what wattage is being used to charge the home batteries.
Sponsored