Sponsored

Pretty decent DCFC at Flying J in Winslow, AZ.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach-E
I don't usually stop in Winslow to charge since it's too close to our starting point or destination to be worthwhile.

Today, on the way home from Albuquerque, we needed a quick restroom break. The new Android Auto was navigating us to the Flying J for no good reason, but we decided to stop anyway.

The EVGo chargers are pull-through, covered, and in good condition. They're more expensive than the EA chargers a mile down the road at Walmart, but we'll likely use them instead of the EA ones at the Walmart on the rare occasions we have to stop in Winslow.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SpaceEVDriver

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shoot! I forgot the most important bit of information: They have windshield washer squeegees at the chargers!

On the Road with Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
Real estate/biz consultant
I stopped at these chargers when they first opened about 10 months ago. Despite having an EVgo account, I spent 20 minutes on the telephone with a customer rep trying to get the charger started. I imagine they have gotten that sorted out by now. However, charging more than $.60 a kilowatt – significantly more than EA with a membership – is too much, even with the amenities.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pretty decent DCFC at Flying J in Winslow, AZ. IMG_8749

OP
OP
SpaceEVDriver

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I stopped at these chargers when they first opened about 10 months ago. Despite having an EVgo account, I spent 20 minutes on the telephone with a customer rep trying to get the charger started. I imagine they have gotten that sorted out by now. However, charging more than $.60 a kilowatt – significantly more than EA with a membership – is too much, even with the amenities.
I agree the price is pretty outrageous. I never go to EVGo unless it's the only option (or as a curiosity as in yesterday.
Sponsored