Sponsored

Representing...

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Went to a car show at a local Ford dealer. We were the only EV. Brought my 2013 to try and get it sold. Rain here and there, talked to a lot of people that had no idea an electric truck existed...

Ford F-150 Lightning Representing... PXL_20230812_144443948.MP~5
Sponsored

Last edited:

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
How much you selling the "Star Trek Transporter" camp chair on the right for? :)

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How much you selling the "Star Trek Transporter" camp chair on the right for? :)
Priceless.

My wife was sitting there, and her in a skort isn't for your eyes, sorry... :D

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Ford engineer from Russia came by with his aged parents who didn't speak English. He had me open the hood of the F-150 and show the engine, and then compared that to the lack of an engine in the Lightning. He explained to them, in Russian, the electric motors, battery, etc.

One guy asked repeatedly "what are you going to do when the battery dies" and refused to accept that it wouldn't like die, or come close to dying, during my ownership.

Some were generally interested. A few chuckled at the V8 under the hood. Don't know who won the 2000 + newer category, but nobody gave us a prize...

Got a lot of "how long does it take to charge" and had to explain that 'it charges while parked in the garage so why do you care' many times, finally resorting to 'within 2 hours most days".

We chose this over an EV event in a nearby town because we thought we might get more non-EV people seeing an EV (and we were right) and we might find a buyer for the F-150 (remains to be seen).
Sponsored